(Sir) Fred Goodwin----What about the motor trade?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In todays press it is reported that Sir Fred Goodwin has had his knighthood revoked because he brought DISREPUTE to the Honours System.

Given the actions and reputations of other "Sirs" especially in the vehicle related trades, should they also not have their honours taken back?

Perhaps if some of these people had been properly scrutinised at the outset, then the honour would not have been bestowed in the first place.

People who conduct themselves or their businesses in a disreputable manner serve only to totally debase the value of a knighthood, which is most unfair to those who deserve to be recognised.

Some TV commentators are now suggesting that the criteria to be met before an honour is awarded be completely overhauled.

I think many of us would agree.:car:

Replies:-1.Graham, yes that man must come top of the list for revokation. I am led to understand that he was put forward for the honour by some paper/media organisation-----the power of advertising???????? There are at least another two here in Scotland (motor related) who's recognition is dubious.

2.Heliosuk- what you say about the honours is correct as usual. The position with this site is that they have to be careful what they print since it's not so long ago that they were threatened with heavy duty court action.

3.Sam i am sorry to read about Graham and i know originally he rattled a few cages. The one point he continually stresses is that we all know that SOGA is the correct "Legal" road to go BUT in real terms they are either not effective enough or are far too slow in bringing about settlement to disputes.

Because of the gross inefectiveness of the publically funded "Consumer Help" organisations (The NO BALLS BRIGADE) i have been forced to enlist the help of my MP in bringing this situation into the public domain.

Almost every day we are hearing about public bodies strenously resisting CONFRONTATION with wrong doers, especially large organisations----so why are they in existence????? We don't need them to issue "Codes of Practice" or Advisory guide lines, just rules, which if broken, would bring rapid and appropriate punishment.

If this site really wants to assist the motoring public, then perhaps consideration should be given to raising a campaign to get government to create circumstances wherebye all those involved in selling goods over a certain value, having to obtain recognised certification before being allowed to carry out the sales function.

Heliosuk, I totally disagree with your comment about "Any muppet off the street". All the muppets on the street were taken off and sent to the AC training academy before being let loose on cars ---to create havock.

A comment you once made to me sums up the present motor car---beyond normal service capability!!

Apologies again Scania, you are quite right........I'd forgotten about the ubiquitous AC training Academies!

One thing I haven't found out though, do the academies recruit from UK Zoos as AC seem to employ a fair few monkeys in their garages?

This thread has been edited - yet again.

Please re-read the forum rules and bear in mind that if anyone is not content to post within the rules of the forum, we are not forcing them to be here. We will however place restrictions on the accounts of those who continue to breach the forum rules.

Thank you,

Erika

:focus:

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)