28 Days Later? Not the film but whatever happens cover **resolved**

Ste_J
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hopefully this should be very simple although I have yet to find a straightforward answer.

My partner bought me a Samsung galaxy tablet Early December 2010 and was sold the whatever happens cover. Just as the standard warranty expired the tablet suffered a fault where the device would not switch on (died) So I took it into my local store and booked it in for repair on the 21st of December.

Seeing as it was Christmas period I didn't expect a quick resolution but I was told that it would be sent straight back to Samsung and somebody would phone when it returned

2nd Week into January still no phone call so I called in and was told that they would chase Samsung and get back to me. No phone call 1 week later so one again called in. Still no galaxy tab back but at least the person instore acknowledged that it had been close to a Month and once again said he would get somebody to chase and call me - Still no call

So my question. On the second visit I asked about the 28 day "if we cant repair it then we will replace it" I was told that this didn't apply when the item had been sent to manufacturer and also that it wasn't 28 days but 29. I also called the CST and was told that it was 28 days but that excludes weekends because techguys is shut on weekends?

So how does the 28 days actually work? Depending on how the 26th of December would be viewed then its looking likely that I still wont have my tab back on the 28th day (Friday) If the 26th is classed as a non working day then it will be Monday

Does the 28 days apply when a device has been sent back for manufacturer repair?

Thanks in advance

Steve

you will not be able to PM

this gent

please follow the info below:

Hi Guys,

you can contact me at http://getsatisfaction.com/curryspcworld/

I will be able to chat to you further from there.

Kind Regards,

PaulThe KNOWHOW Team

or

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forum.

I am sorry to read of the trouble that you have experienced

If you would like to email me at letusknow@knowhow.com with your agreement details and postal details and tel number,

I will look into this for you to see what I can do to resolve this.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

regards

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Ste_J,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on here.

I am sorry to read of the experience that you have had with regards to getting your Galaxy tab fixed and back to you.

Having read your post the only day that would not count towards the 28 day rule would be the 25/12/11 - so officially the 28 day rule comes into effect on the 20/01/12 as we advise to leave it for a day to make sure we don't receive it back from therepair agent before the 8pm cut off time.

If you have still not received the item back you are more than entitled to an exchange at store level and I will be more than happy to call the store to sort this out. If you would like to email me at letusknow@knowhow.com with your full address and postcode and please include a telephone number. Also please state which store you visited when you took the Tablet in.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Hi ste and welcome to CAG.

"What ever happens" implies that you will be looked after.......what ever happens.

If you are not looked after and they use some devious small print to wriggle out of looking after you, you need to complain to Trading Standards.

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 CPUT 2008 is quite clear about misleading customers and their [EDIT] must be reported. They make money by [EDIT] people off with this so called "service" so if you are not given what you expected, ring

08454 040506

Edited by ims21
Please read site rules regarding possibly defamatory remarks

Thanks Paul

Being a firm believer in giving people a chance to do the right thing I'll try a visit to the store tonight. My last visit was on the 19th so a day early for the official 28 day anniversary

Seeing as today marks the 33rd day I am sure that the nice people in Ashton Under Lyne will help me out. Failing that I will take you up on your very kind offer

After speaking to the helpdesk and the people in store on the 19th I was going to leave it until the end of the week

Thanks

Steve

Ok so i have just left the store once again empty handed. this time i was told that the tab was not picked up until the 25th of December and therefore still not applicable for straight exchange. furthermore it was not for the store to replace but that whatever happens should replace it if they decided to.

Once again they will chase and speak to the whatever happens manager to see what can be done.

looks like i will be sending that mail!

Mail sent containing details requested. Thanks in advance

Just so that I am clear in my understanding and hopefully this would help others. The 28 days start from the date you book the item in for repair in store? And the 28 days are calendar days or working days? (working being Monday to Friday)

Only asking because the knowhow person tonight told me it was 28 days from the item being picked up by the repair agent which contradicts the terms stated on the agreement paperwork. Still found it odd that the repair agent would have picked up on Christmas day but hey ho if Santa has to work then why not Samsung :-)

Hi Ste_J,

As per our telephone conversation today, I have requested this product been wrote off as it has exceeded your repair timescale which is 28days under the Whatever happens Club Agreemnet that you have in place.

Also to answer your above question, the repair countdown starts from when the product leaves your possesion. So if you handed an item into the store on the 1/2/12 the 28 days would start from that day.

Hope this info helps, I will be in contact when I have an update.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Paul

you are a gent. Thank you also for clearing up the 28 days. i have been told different things relating to the rule, hence my confusion. these include

28 days excludes weekends and bank holidays

28 days starts not when the item is booked in but when the item is picked up by the repair agent

28 days is not 28 when there is a repair agent

involved

Your response makes far more sense and actually goes with the documents provided. 28 days is a straight 28

Thanks

Steve

Thanks to Paul this has now been resolved

phone call from the repair team stating device was written off and i can replace. trip down to the local store and sure enough i was able to replace for another device equal to original purchase price.

great well done.

10/10 to paul too!!

marked as resolved.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Guys,

Thats fantastic news. I am glad that this has been resolved for you.

You know where I am if you need me in future.

All the best,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team