midshires help please

buck rogers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have done a dpa and recived a bundle of stuff the account has about £300 of charges nothing amazing. now the statement says thet the account balance is £52064.81 but i paid a redemption figure of £55753.93- nowhere on any of the paperwork does it say why. with the charges it comes to £4039.12. what do you thing im going to claim it but i dont know what to call it? just fees? redemption fees?

Hi Buck Rogers.

It should be on your Mortgage closing statement as an ERC.

Early Redemption Charge. If it is quite recent they may be disguising it as another form of fee.You can bet if it's a few thousand then it is an ERC.

You can claim this back.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

it dont show up at all the only thing is the balance amount and the amount i paid off is over 3 and a half grand different. my thourghts are ill push it through court if they dont pay then if they suddenly supply the info in court ill challange them for breaching the data protection act- they dident supply the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi buck rogers,

Like ukaviator said, its likely to be an ERC. I take it that its not £55753.93 but rather £5,753. In any case its more than £4,039.12 with the £300 charges. Have I got that right? As crispdust says, query it and get them to tell you exactly what the charge is for. Saranev, its none of their business what you want the info for - write to them to that effect (politely of course!) and tell them that the 40 days still applies.

Paul

I just received a letter from BM saying that they are allowed to take 6 months interst payments for ERC and they will not give me a breakdown of the figures. Am I right in thinking you are claiming for the exact same thing?

Lick the Wall, did you file a MCOL to get yours back? Not sure whether I should be claiming the whole thing or what.