Incorrect Picture in Catalogue

peterbfd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I purchased a Laptop from Argos and the picture in the booklet is different to the one I have received.

I would have highlighted this at the time of purchasing but had my brother go and collect and pay it for me.

The specification of the laptop is the same but the picture had a separate number pad on the right of the keyboard that I need.

The laptop I received does not have this and generally looks allot cheaper.

I have contacted Argos and they say that I can not have a refund or return the product as it did not come with a the 30 day money back guarantee.

Therefore I have purchased a Laptop that does not suit my needs by way of and incorrect picture, 'false advertising' ?

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

My thinking is that the laptop is not as described and therefore not suitable but hold off for more opinions.

You could always email the MD

raye.summers@argos.co.uk

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hey there, Could you post the catalogue number up for me and I can have a quick look into it, there are occasions where this information is told before hand so I would like to see if there are any bulletins about this item

Also as a note the googled email + name of the Argos MD is incorrect, currently Argos has no Managing Director and Terry Duddy (CEO of the parent company HRG) is currently taking the lead role

Please take note of the signature.

Edited by blitz

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

As the internet picture is still showing as having a number pad it is indeed mis-described and therefore exempt from the 30 day money back guarantee or not you are still entitled to a refund. If they want to be funny you can fire off the legal reasons for a refund:

The items is not as described under section 13 of the Sales of Goods act 1979 (as amended), the image shown on the website and catalogue forms part of the description which shows that there is a full numberpad on the keyboard of the laptop. Due to the breech of contract I am rejecting the goods which have yet not been accepted and require a full refund to put me in the state I was before the sale.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Hi,

I spoke to Argos and said, although the item is excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee my statuary rights have been broken.

The then changed their minds and told me to take the item back to the shop.

After some discussions I received a full refund.

I then popped out to another shop and bought the ideal laptop with a much higher spec for the same price.

Many thanks for you help

Peter