NTL default removal

zonecrew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest willowb

Yes, if they can't supply it then you can use this route to claim. It depends on how recent the default is really, they are getting better at storing the information.

SB's approach doesn't require this, his contention (as you know) is that they have no lawful right to process/control you data once the contract has expired. I think that (for myself anyway) the first route is to request certified origional documentation, if they don't/can't do this you are on a winner. If they do then you are claiming against their arbitrary right to supply your data to the CCAs. At the end of the day, SB has them in an absolute whirlwind.....if it goes to Court (as with Bank Charges) then their common practice will be challenged and defeated because it is afterall unlawful, Surly has proved that to us.

Wxx

If anything I have said here is in error, please someone correct me?;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would a certified copy of the default notice be required for my default removal process with Telewest?

At the end of the day, my understanding is this - if they cannot produce a copy of the original default notice that was sent, what proof do they have that it exists? A court would require evidence that it is true - I piece of paper, or a screenshot saying on was sent would not be sufficient, in my opinion, especially as the CCA explicitly states what should be in a Default Notice- sending a copy of one they would send today is irrelevant, they need to prove that the one they alledgedly sent you is correct.....that's the process I'm using with HSBC at the moment....

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Yes, if they can't supply it then you can use this route to claim. It depends on how recent the default is really, they are getting better at storing the information.

SB's approach doesn't require this, his contention (as you know) is that they have no lawful right to process/control you data once the contract has expired. I think that (for myself anyway) the first route is to request certified origional documentation, if they don't/can't do this you are on a winner. If they do then you are claiming against their arbitrary right to supply your data to the CCAs. At the end of the day, SB has them in an absolute whirlwind.....if it goes to Court (as with Bank Charges) then their common practice will be challenged and defeated because it is afterall unlawful, Surly has proved that to us.

Wxx

If anything I have said here is in error, please someone correct me?;)

That's my understanding of it Willow!! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

At the end of the day, my understanding is this - if they cannot produce a copy of the original default notice that was sent, what proof do they have that it exists? A court would require evidence that it is true - I piece of paper, or a screenshot saying on was sent would not be sufficient, in my opinion, especially as the CCA explicitly states what should be in a Default Notice- sending a copy of one they would send today is irrelevant, they need to prove that the one they alledgedly sent you is correct.....that's the process I'm using with HSBC at the moment....
In theory they could avoid the need to provide a true and certified copy of the notice if they were prepared to submit a witness statement to the court that validated the process or procedure behind the automated issuing of defaults, however this is unlikely to be accepted by the court without additional substantive evidence, and it is also unlikely that the Creditor / data controller would be foolish enough to try this route unless they were 100% sure they could adequately defend their position by the use of a witness statement only.

That's interesting...

My charges claims:

Default removals:

A court would require evidence that it is true - I piece of paper, or a screenshot saying on was sent would not be sufficient

So presumably, unless they have some kind of proof of postage (it was never sent anyway) then they will lose in court, but most likely, they would never let it get to court?

TheDean Vs Telewest - 27/10 SB's big letter sent.

So presumably, unless they have some kind of proof of postage (it was never sent anyway) then they will lose in court, but most likely, they would never let it get to court?

This is my personal opinon and I by no means have ANY legal expertise...I cannot tell whether they will take it to court, my only knowledge is that a Judge will want to see proof - whether they can prove it in other ways I don't know....

My charges claims:

Default removals:

After a lot of thought I am going to send NTL a LBA giving them 7 days to comply (also enclose another copy of SB's letters as they requested)

The reason is the default was registered to my name but at a previous address and it took 2 weeks for them to get back to me and ask for my previous address (i didnt include it in my original correspondance)

Just want to be double-sure everything is right before I go to court.........which i will do at the end of next week if need be

Guest willowb

If you think about it logically, financial institutions are 'keepers' 'controllers' 'processors' of all our financial information, therefore are setting themselves up to being the power which stores all the necessary documentation to substantiate any decisions made by lenders on behalf of you (via the CRAs).....so yeah....flippin' right they need to have the origional docs, they have absolutely no right to claim to have defaulted someone if they don't have the proof to back it up and I don't mean just proof of delivery or a template etc.....but hard evidence......

IMHO

Wxx

If you think about it logically, financial institutions are 'keepers' 'controllers' 'processors' of all our financial information, therefore are setting themselves up to being the power which stores all the necessary documentation to substantiate any decisions made by lenders on behalf of you (via the CRAs).....so yeah....flippin' right they need to have the origional docs, they have absolutely no right to claim to have defaulted someone if they don't have the proof to back it up and I don't mean just proof of delivery or a template etc.....but hard evidence......

IMHO

Wxx

I agree - IMHO as well!! :)

I will be sending them an LBA sometime soon anyway....will keep you posted!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

IMHO

Wxx

Excellent post Willow! I agree wholeheartedly! It's post's like these that really spur me on and help me clear my Telewest default. (Check your Rep) As a matter of fact - I went into my Back yesterday (RBOS) and requested my last 6yrs of statements to claim charges back - I think we'll be seeing yet another claim down purely to this website (...and of course a 5% donation assuming I win!)

Thanks a lot guys.....The ground work is getting laid and I WILL remove that god awful Telewest default - even if I have to go through the courts!!!

TheDean Vs Telewest - 27/10 SB's big letter sent.

you will win! ;)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Guest willowb
Excellent post Willow!

(Check your Rep) !!!

Geee thanks:D

I couldn't see a rep from you:( ......I don't understand the system anyway, I do click on people's scales but I'm not sure how it works really:confused:

Wxx

Make sure that your POC include a final line stating out what it is you are seeking.

e.g. The Claimiant is seeking the [insert what you are seeking here]

examples; 1) removal and destruction of all personal data supplied to all Credit Reference Agencies not limited to Equifax, Experian and Call Credit (2) the removal of the default notice applied on [date] (3) whatever other reason you are filing the claim.

Just try and make sure that your POC covers as much as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent, good luck!

Is this to stop them from processing your data, or just to remove the Default?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Guest willowb

I get a little confused about this...LOL. The two are the same aren't they? except that if you are satisfied that they have stopped processing adverse data (i.e a default) then your claim would be satisfied. But if you were not satisfied with just this and wanted them to stop processing your data full stop then it's the same argument isn't it?:-| Except that, as Tinks stated above you need to express in your particulars exactly what you want out of the claim.....I am seeking the removal of a default......my contention is......and then quote the relevant law etc etc....

I'm feeling like such a dingbat today:oops:

Wxx

Explained slightly differently:

examples

1) removal and destruction of all personal data supplied to all Credit Reference Agencies not limited to Equifax, Experian and Call Credit

OR

(2) the removal of the default notice applied on [date]

OR

(3) the immediate return of my siamese cat kidnapped by xxx on 14/02/1006

OR

(4) whatever other reason you have for filing the claim.

The above are just examples