dial a rod, complaint (advise is avoid this company)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a copy of my letter to Dial A Rod so as to let people know about this so called company. I have not had one phone call back from them.

Any advise of what to do yet would be welcomed.

Policy number 2464/BB5/K

Dear Sir/Madam

I am covered with yourselves for boiler/central heating repairs. I called your office on Wednesday evening (4-1-2012) to inform you that my boiler had broken down & that i needed an engineer to come & try & solve the problem. Sophie told me i was not covered for any boiler repairs. I informed her that i was as you had been taking direct debits from my bank account. After a few minutes she managed to discover that i was actually covered. She asked me what was wrong with the boiler, i told her the make of the boiler & the fault codes that were being displayed. She told me that somebody would be in touch.

I called again the next day at 8-00am to try & get some idea when the engineer would be calling because i would need to make arrangements to be there. Again i was informed by Kerry that i had no insurance policy with yourselves. I told her that i had spoken to Sophie the previous night & this was not the case. She told me she could find no record & that i would have to speak to Sophie when she started work at 9-00am.

I spoke to Sophie at 9-00am & she again asked me what was wrong with the boiler. After explaining again what was wrong i was told an engineer would call & would defiantly look at the boiler that day. After waiting a few hours i called again & was told the engineer was on another job & would call once he was finished. I was again assured that the engineer would look at my boiler that day & somebody would be in touch.

On Thursday evening after no contact from yourselves i called again & the gentleman that answered took my details & promised me that somebody would be in touch.

After no contact from yourselves again i called on Friday morning (6-1-2012) & was again told an engineer would contact me. I also explained that my wife was not to well.

At Friday dinner after still no contact from yourselves i called again to get an update. I spoke to Leanne who told me that you had no engineers in my area & that nobody would be coming out to my faulty boiler.She also offered to refund the monthly premiums that i had already paid, i told her that this was totally unacceptable.

I find this service totally unprofessional & also CRIMINAL.

Your company have never once contacted me. Because of being left in limbo by your company for 2 days me & my family have had no heating & hot water over the weekend.

A local plumber looked at my boiler & has said the boiler needs replacing. He is doing this onTuesday 10-1-2012.

Your company has caused a lot of stress especially with my wife not being well.

I am writing this letter to give your company a chance to respond before i take any further action.

Wait to hear from you very soon.

Yours Sincerely

Ian Kenyon

• 2 weeks later...

your story is very familar! Phoned Dial a Rod 17th January about leaking boiler and despite several phone calls to them since not one reply or any sign of an engineer.

How did you pay them? You may be able to reclaim costs from the card company even if it was a debit card. Whatever you do make sure they have no further access to your account.

Total ****** company.