Retuning used Car to dealer

jsa986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently purchased a 2008 vauxhall astra from a used car dealer for 5600.00, long story short the vehicle was full of filler and had a partial repray done to a very low standard. Paint smudges, masking tape lines, overspray in doors, windows and water in lights. I did i not notice this on purchase nor was it pointed out to me. I was told my car was worth less than half what i paid if i was to trade it, and quoted 2000.00 to put it right from an independent assessment. I asked for my money back under SOG or partial refund so i could get it repaired to an accetable standard, they ignored my requests letters etc, until LBA. The garage is over an hour away from where i live so i sent detailed photographic evidence and details from the independent inspection. After receiving the LBA they told me to bring it to them for an "inspection". I explained it was not possible for me to do this due to distance, work and time before I start court action (four days away). They said it was my responsibility to bring it to them to inspect.

Are they correct?

Edited by jsa986
Gramatical errors

no, especially at this late stage (assuming you have raised the issue with them before) but you might want to make it clear that they can come to you to inspect. practically, taking it in might get it sorted sooner though?

you don't give timescales, but it might be hard for you to make a claim if the faults are as obvious as you say.