Advice on MiniCredit

JadedGirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan from Minicredit for £250.00(total principal plus interest:£392). I had severe financial difficulties, so I sought the help of a debt-consolidation agency to help sort out my debts. I cancelled all my debit card payments, changed my debit card number,etc. and I sent an email to Minicredit(these creditors are to wise; you can't send an email thru you personal email address; they ask you to send an email via their minicredit/contact. They can always deny they didn't receive your message, right??). Despite my requests to liaise with the debt-consolidation agency, they were able to get(asof the latest) almost £400.00 frommy account! It would have been ok if my debt decreased, but when I checked the balance on their website, itkept increasing!! It's still has a £157.00 balance!!

I asked the debt-consolidation agency about it, and they said that even if they called Minicredit, they said they still make them stop from gettin money from my old account. They said I had to close/cancel/block my old bank account and get a new one. I asked my bank to cancel /close tha bank account but they said they couldn't because I had an existing overdraft on that account, and they said they couldn't block that company from making deductions because despite the change in debit card details, I still have an agreement with them, and that I would have problems with the credit rating, etc., etc.

I am already fed up with Minicredit because they continue to ignore my pleas to liaise with the Debt-Consolidation Agency(the agencey sent all ofthem the paperwork last Dec.13th). Also, they keeplevying penalyt charges/overcharging me asevidenced in their website.

I am also quite fed up with the bank because they have not been able to help me despite my several years with them. I see it as an advantage for them because if they keepaccepting those payments,I wil still be paying them for the overdraft interest(and I am above my overdraft limit now because of my minicredit). I am thinking of closing all my accounts with them.

Can anyone please help me on this?

Iam thinking of filing a complaint with the Office of the Fair Trading and the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Also, I am thinking of passing my bank overdraft as well to the Debt-Consolidation Agency because I am so fed up with my bank; they seem to be trying to help milk me as well.(actually thisis what the Debt-Consolidation Agency advised me todo).

Please help/advice.Thanks.

Thanks.