rented house, ex tenants debt causing problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning All,

I moved about 3 months ago to a rented flat. The previous tenant obviously has some debt issues as there have been a lot of letters addressed to him. His name is very similar to mine, same first name, surname being only 2 letters different and is a common misspelling of mine.

majority of letters I have sent back as return to sender addressee unknown.

yesterday morning had a bailiff turn up at 10am, not happy as i am on the night shifts so he woke me up.

very nasty aggressive man, foul language and physically intimidating

I refused to let him in the house despite his threats and claims of he was legally allowed in and could even break in if i was not here ( yeah rightt!!)

I showed him photo ID to prove I wasn't the person he was after and his comment was it proved was me that had the debt!? Can't the moron even read or is that not a required attribute for a debt collector? hmm perhaps I should go buy a copy of the cat in the hat for him for when he come back.

Anyway he said has placed a lien on my car and is supposedly coming back to clamp and/or tow it in 5 days if the debt isn't paid.

I have sent a letter this morning to the company listed on the paperwork he left me( no i didnt sign anything !) complaining about his behaviour, telling them that I am not the person that has the debt and to basically sod off!

What worries me is that he might clamp and/or take my car anyway and then I have all the hassle of sorting it out. If he does come back the first thing I will be doing is call the police, but what if I am out when he calls?

If he does clamp it, what are my rights? Would I be able to use my angle grinder to remove it? ( I'd love to do that! )

Any advise on a way of stopping these idiots from coming back? Where should I write to to complain about the morons behaviour and lies?

cheers

Workaholicandy

I've moved your thread moved to the Bailiffs forum.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

The bailiff doesn't care if you are the real debtor or not and will have selective dyslexia whilst reading your ID, and continue to enforce against you. What bailiff firm is this and what is the alleged debt that he is trying to make you pay for, and owed to whom?

I would swear a Stat Dec that you are not Mr XXXX and all goods and chattels in and around including car are yours. and you deny all knowledge of named debtor, and keep a notarised copy to hand to Mr Neanderthal when he returns and send one to the bailiff company also. A stat dec costs around a tenner at a solicitors. A cost i know, but you could spend more if the muppet took your car. If it was my car and he clamped it, Mr A Grinder would come out as he had illegally interfered with my property, viz an illegal seizure of a third party vehicle and would deliver the clamp to the bailiff companies office

Other Caggers will know more and will no doubt be along soon. Above all this can be sorted

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!