Trying to dodge paying in scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cant see that the guard has really done anything wrong though, the passenger removed the scrote!

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.

I had the same about 10 years ago: busy as hell train from London to PZ with a moron who was drunk, smoking and abusive, police called at reading and (unusually for TV/BTP at reading) they were really busy and it was an estimated 20 minute delay waiting for them, since the tw*t had already threatened me, the buffet staff and a few passenger and next stop was Taunton, I wasn't going anywhere with him on board.

A couple of large Plym Argyle fans asked if they might help and did the same: asked him to move and then bodily picked him up, carried him outside the barrier line and threw him onto a bench!

They were upgraded to first class and we made up the delay by Taunton, everybody (almost) happy!

Oh Dear

Probe after passenger throws fare-dodger off train

An investigation has been launched after a fare-dodger was hauled off a train by a passenger who stepped in to help the conductor.

The incident on the Edinburgh to Perth train was filmed and has received more than 300,000 hits on YouTube.

The footage, taken by a passenger on Friday, shows a youth refusing to pay for his ticket or get off the train.

A big man then gets up, grabs the youth and appears to throw him onto the platform at Linlithgow, West Lothian.

The man then twice stops the teenager getting back on the train before returning to his seat to a round of applause from passengers.

Refusing to pay

A ScotRail spokeswoman, said: "While we welcome the public's support of our zero-tolerance stance on anti-social behaviour, our staff are trained in conflict management and we do not expect members of the public to take matters into their own hands.

"We are investigating the incident, which appears to show a person travelling without a valid ticket, refusing to pay for the journey, and swearing at a staff member in full view of customers."

A British Transport Police spokesman, said: "We are aware of the YouTube video and our inquiries are ongoing.

"British Transport Police did not receive a complaint from anyone on the train at the time the incident is believed to have taken place."

Oh Dear

Probe after passenger throws fare-dodger off train

An investigation has been launched after a fare-dodger was hauled off a train by a passenger who stepped in to help the conductor.

The incident on the Edinburgh to Perth train was filmed and has received more than 300,000 hits on YouTube.

The footage, taken by a passenger on Friday, shows a youth refusing to pay for his ticket or get off the train.

A big man then gets up, grabs the youth and appears to throw him onto the platform at Linlithgow, West Lothian.

The man then twice stops the teenager getting back on the train before returning to his seat to a round of applause from passengers.

Refusing to pay

A ScotRail spokeswoman, said: "While we welcome the public's support of our zero-tolerance stance on anti-social behaviour, our staff are trained in conflict management and we do not expect members of the public to take matters into their own hands.

"We are investigating the incident, which appears to show a person travelling without a valid ticket, refusing to pay for the journey, and swearing at a staff member in full view of customers."

A British Transport Police spokesman, said: "We are aware of the YouTube video and our inquiries are ongoing.

"British Transport Police did not receive a complaint from anyone on the train at the time the incident is believed to have taken place."

I thought it was great that the Big Man Threw the little scrote off the train but for some reason I found myself getting rather annoyed at the conducter who seemed quite content with the idea of delaying all the other passengers.... the sort of thing that blights the rail service.

Give conductors tazers.

No ticket.

ZZZAPPP:madgrin:

Although his family have today said he was sold the wrong tickets..no idea whether thats true or not, at the end of the day though it prob wasnt too clever for the gaurd to agree that the guy should be thrown off as the passenger could face allegations of assault, the family also pointed out that the guy had a bag containing valuables and medication, which was thrown off but you can imgaine the repucussions if it wasnt.

Andy

The most important thing that this really underlines for me is the old saying that 'two wrongs never make a right'

None of us can clearly see what happened outside the door of the train. I don't want anyone getting the idea that I believe the so-called 'vigilante' passenger deserves prosecution just from viewing a tiny piece of poor quality and unclear film of what could have been a longer incident, but for me, viewing that clip gives an insight into so many examples of things that are wrong in our society.

Whether or not the lad who was clearly swearing at staff deserves prosecution for any breach of regulation will be determined by the evidence (if any) collected by the rail staff concerned.

There are a host of issues about respect & tolerance, the rules in force and the actual evidence that we are not a party to.

All of these things need to be looked at in detail and there are peripheral issues that deserve a whole debate on their own, such as the freedom for anyone to instigate so much controversy by playing 'freelance journalist' or even 'judge & jury' with a mobile phone & internet.

Edited by Old-CodJA

Why would you be sacked if I was a passenger on your bus and I threw someone out the door? You wouldn't be expected to stop me! -same with the Guard.

Because TFL policy is to allow someone with no money to travel via a CSF(customer service form).

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

Because TFL policy is to allow someone with no money to travel via a CSF(customer service form).

Although I don't work for TfL, i'd like to think there was a certain criteria in that? Fair enough this guy only copped the hump after being spoken to about his ticket more in depth no doubt, but I bet he failed the attitude test from the word go.

Although I don't work for TfL, i'd like to think there was a certain criteria in that? Fair enough this guy only copped the hump after being spoken to about his ticket more in depth no doubt, but I bet he failed the attitude test from the word go.

Nope, if they say they have no money and want to travel, we have to let them, and, of corse, the jeremy kyle **** bag types know this.

I'm not sure we should go too far in depth here about this, but I'll probe some more nonetheless lol. So basically, if they want to travel with no means, they're allowed as long as they ask first? Yet if they just jump on and are caught, they risk being PFN'd or reported? Is that just buses? PM me if you'd rather!

I'm not sure we should go too far in depth here about this, but I'll probe some more nonetheless lol. So basically, if they want to travel with no means, they're allowed as long as they ask first? Yet if they just jump on and are caught, they risk being PFN'd or reported? Is that just buses? PM me if you'd rather!

PM sent