Comet online, shambolic outfit!

craddock
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Tuesday of this week I decided to order a Kenwood kMix fixed stand food mixer for my partner for Christmas. Was happy with the price and the fact that the item was apparently instock and didn't hesitate placing an order. I received an e-mail receipt and also a text message on my mobile phone to inform me that delivery would take place yesterday between 7am and 6pm.

Waited in all day...nothing turned up, so I telephoned Comet this morning to find that they actually didn't have the item instock and had no idea when the item would be back in stock. So basically my card was debited, I wasted a day off work, had the less than impressive wait on the telephone at my expense to get through to customer services only to be informed about this. So I lost a day off work and now to add insult to injury I have to wait days until my card is debited with the funds that were in my opinion [edit] . Companies should not be able to take your money unless they have stock to actually send.

Some people may find this petty but believe me I am infuriated, time wasting Mickey Mouse outfit IMO. Needless to say I will never give them a penny of business again and shall share my experience with everyone I know.

Hi Crad

Welcome to CAG

Unfortunately Comets are big on ad's poor on Customer Service, they should be world beaters, instead they beat their customers.

Unfortunately, if you read around, you see the likes of Comet, DSG ( Currys / Pcworld / Dixons ) showing this kind of total disregard for their customers. I think they are being very short sighted, always going after the fast buck without regard for customer service or satisfaction.

I am increasingly using Amazon for purchases like this. They are very reliable and compared to the above lot, they take customer service very seriously - that's why I'm using them more!

classic case for an instant chargeback me thinks http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

welcome to the great world of the DSG group....

shame they spent SOOOOOO much money on that silly daft aida advert

'we've retrained all our staff'

opps 'forgot customer service - yet again....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Comet Response
On Tuesday of this week I decided to order a Kenwood kMix fixed stand food mixer for my partner for Christmas. Was happy with the price and the fact that the item was apparently instock and didn't hesitate placing an order. I received an e-mail receipt and also a text message on my mobile phone to inform me that delivery would take place yesterday between 7am and 6pm.

Waited in all day...nothing turned up, so I telephoned Comet this morning to find that they actually didn't have the item instock and had no idea when the item would be back in stock. So basically my card was debited, I wasted a day off work, had the less than impressive wait on the telephone at my expense to get through to customer services only to be informed about this. So I lost a day off work and now to add insult to injury I have to wait days until my card is debited with the funds that were in my opinion [edit] . Companies should not be able to take your money unless they have stock to actually send.

Some people may find this petty but believe me I am infuriated, time wasting Mickey Mouse outfit IMO. Needless to say I will never give them a penny of business again and shall share my experience with everyone I know.

Hi craddock,

I’m very sorry for the problems with your order. From the information you have provided I am unable to determine why we were unable to supply your product. However, it is unacceptable that we did not contact you to inform you of this. If you have not yet had the chance to purchase one and would like me to look for an alternative product please email me your details via http://ow.ly/65y2V, quoting your username, and I will help.

I will also need your order details so that I can ensure the refund has been issued, and also address this lack of contact with the relevant managers. Again my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you were caused.

Regards,

Andy

classic case for an instant chargeback me thinks

welcome to the great world of the DSG group....

shame they spent SOOOOOO much money on that silly daft aida advert

'we've retrained all our staff'

opps 'forgot customer service - yet again....

dx

Oops dx ,

Although a lot of consumers do not know the difference between COMET and CURRYS you should know better , COMET has nothing to do with DSG .

The only thing they have in common is poor Customer Service as you did mention .

Regards

GorgieBoy

Des , there is an old saying " don,t shoot the messenger"

Andy is doing his best , Trawling the various Forums and trying to resolve the numerous issues customers have regarding COMET Customer Service.

At least he is trying to resolve craddocks very poor customer experience which is more than many retailers would do via an online forum, and he is flying the flag for COMET and putting his head above the parapit.

Just to add maybe it is a good thing that craddock may not get the food mixer in time for his partners christmas , had I purchased a similar gift for my partners christmas I know where it would have ended up !

I do know that is not the point though , but don,t blame Andy , these issues go much much deeper and I can assure you they will get worse.

Regards

GorgieBoy

Point taken, but when it comes to it Andy works for comet! it's his job to search forums such as this and try to make comet look better!

So back to my original statement:

"It's alright apologizing Andy, but how about a nice gesture of goodwilllink18.gif for craddock. Maybe the refund and an alternative product you mentioned"

Hi craddock,

I’m very sorry for the problems with your order. From the information you have provided I am unable to determine why we were unable to supply your product. However, it is unacceptable that we did not contact you to inform you of this. If you have not yet had the chance to purchase one and would like me to look for an alternative product please email me your details via , quoting your username, and I will help.

I will also need your order details so that I can ensure the refund has been issued, and also address this lack of contact with the relevant managers. Again my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you were caused.

Regards,

Andy

Thank you for the reply Andy, I am more or less far from impressed as I had received both an invoice and a shipping confirmation on Comet's own website. I also received an SMS text message which reads "Your Comet item(s) have been dispatched for delivery today between 7 and 6. Your Comet order number is 17085594."

I am more alarmed that the website stated that the goods had been loaded onto a van and were out for delivery so when you say it is unacceptable that I wasn't contacted that the item was not instock I am even more infuriated as I was informed that the item had been shipped wasting an entire day of mine. I am sure that if any staff member of Comet had taken a day off work for delivery of an expensive item purchased as a gift for a loved one only to find they had been shipped 'THIN AIR' that they would also be raging. To even offer an alternative after wasting my time is an absolute insult especially as the item in question was a specific gift that my partner wanted for Christmas. You don't have a new kitchen fitted to fill it full of TAT that doesn't match the decor. It's like asking for a Ferarri and receiving a Lada.

All I can say is that I am far from impressed and now have to play a waiting game for the funds that your company have taken to be returned to my account, maybe I should invoice Comet for a days labour and for my time spent on the telephone and time wasted ranting on here. The actual order number stated before is my ACTUAL order number, my name is Mr Lucas and I am sure that if you log into the Comet computer system that you will see I ordered a KMX54 Peppercorn Black Fixed Stand Mixer. I shall keep this thread updated to let people know when my funds are returned to me, you have had my money since Tuesday the 6th of December and as of Sunday 11th, they still haven't made an appearance.

'Comet - We Ship Air'

Tuesday 13th December and my funds still haven't been returned to my account. This is despite the Comet customer service agent informing me that they would be back in my account within 2 days last Friday, come on Comet, sort it out. You have had my money for 7 days now and I have had NOTHING, this really is becoming a joke. On a related note I did manage to get my partner a KMX54 from Electricals 123 and it arrived next day putting your service to shame and I can look forwards to the other half doing lots of delicious home baking although I am still £200 plus out of pocket courtesy of your company.

Perhaps when I am a little short I can contact Comet for a interest free loan on my terms with repayment at my convenience, I'm sure that would happen, although it seems you can do this to your customers!

Hi craddock ,

It is amazing that they can debit your credit card within seconds , but after 7 days have passed still cannot credit you with your refund , especially as your complaint has been highlighted further up the complaints ladder.

On a brighter note a least you have managed to get your partners gift from another company who have provided excellent customer service , after all it is not rocket science to provide this .

Unfortunately COMET have much to learn still , one would have thought they would have learned from many years of dealing with customers how to provide an excellent service but they are just getting worse.

And once again many more customers lost over your very poor customer experience.

Regards

GorgieBoy

Indeed GorgieBoy, I have been left with a very sour taste in my mouth, this forum is a godsend for the general public. I googled 'Comet Compaints' and the first stop on Google was this site. My experience proves that shoppers cannot trust Comet's website for online orders, after all the item was according to them instock and apparently shipped to me. How this can happen is still a mystery to me, I literally do not comprehend how goods that aren't instock can be loaded for delivery (especially when I was informed the day after my designated delivery of thin air that Comet didn't have an idea of when they would even be getting any more stock in)!

I have been reading other posts on this forum and can honestly say that my experience is nowhere near as bad as others, there are some real horror stories on here, shocking!

It would seem a very flawed system that allows goods to be purchased on line using a credit card that immediately debits your account and charges for goods that are not even in stock.

Then a system tells you the goods are being shipped to you at which time they do not exist physically.

This is fundamently badly wrong .

Also still not receiving your refund after 7 days is ridiculous.

Having used AMAZON myself for many years this is something that would never happen with them.

(Although no doubt someone will say it has.)

Regards

GorgieBoy

The funds have now been debited back to my account. Hallelujah! :D

I agree with you about Amazon Georgie, never had a problem, I am a Prime member and anything I order always turns up the following day, returns are completely quibble free, they could certainly teach Comet and DSG a thing or two. I haven't spent a penny with Currys for over a year after a 6 month battle with a faulty Samsung TV last year which nearly sent me over the edge.

I agree that Comet will do anything to avoid good customer serviice. I bought a Samsung LED TV around a month ago and it pixelates badly. I tried to contact the Comet store from where I bought it and cannot obtain the telephone number anywhere. Comet online will not even give me the number! I phoned them on a day when I was at work so forgot to bring my receipt with me. Comet have no history of me ever buying a TV from them and so I have to wait until I get home and retrieve the receipt. Comet custromer service sucks! I noted that when I was buying the TV they were only too happy to give me the store number! This is the beginning and after paying £700 of my hard earned cash at Comet I am not happy at all. I will keep you posted of what happens next!

Hi 248 ,

The COMET website lists every Retail Store phone number and the procedure to follow regarding Sales and Support , It is very easy to find especially if you try "google"

Obviously you will require your receipt to hand when contacting them as your receipt contains all the relevant sales information regarding your purchase .

" For laundry products like washing machines and tumble driers, as well as fridges, cookers and TVs with a screen size bigger than 21 inches, call our UK Customer Support Centre on 08712 009 009. We’ll try to help you fix the problem over the phone - it’s surprising how often this works. If we can’t fix it that way then we’ll arrange for one of our engineers to pop round ."

Edited by GorgieBoy

Regards

GorgieBoy

Hi 248 ,

The COMET website lists every Retail Store phone number and the procedure to follow regarding Sales and Support , It is very easy to find especially if you try "google"

Obviously you will require your receipt to hand when contacting them as your receipt contains all the relevant sales information regarding your purchase .

" For laundry products like washing machines and tumble driers, as well as fridges, cookers and TVs with a screen size bigger than 21 inches, call our UK Customer Support Centre on 08712 009 009. We’ll try to help you fix the problem over the phone - it’s surprising how often this works. If we can’t fix it that way then we’ll arrange for one of our engineers to pop round ."

You sound like you work for comet! The phone numbers do not direct you to the store but merely customer services! And the store where I purchased my TV is not listed and comet won't give me the number. So please do not respond until your facts are correct!

Hi again 248,

I most certainly do not work for COMET and that fact is correct .

As you are posting in a thread regarding "Comet online, shambolic outfit!" one would assume you bought your product online, but that is obviously not the case.

The phone number I posted is the number you will need to phone regarding the pixelation issue with your Tv .

That is the number you need to phone as the Retail Store will no longer be interested in any problem you may have , so therefore you are wasting your time phoning them.

I am only trying to give you advice .

However I must agree with you 248 trying to find the correct phone number for any given retail store seems now to be an impossible task as these numbers are now routed to their call centre it would seem .

I would imagine this is another money making exercise and would seem to encourage customers into the store in question rather than answer a phone call from them.

http://www.store-locations.co.uk/comet/index.html

This link would certainly back up this theory as it lists every store , and yes the store contact numbers are nearly all the same , I would think they will be the 10p a minute ones to.

I wonder if anyone from COMET could explain this one ?

In a nutshell every COMET retail store seems to be Ex directory.

This is another plan COMET are rolling out , they must now make a fortune via phone calls alone probably more than the X factor on a Saturday night and that will be every day.

Edited by GorgieBoy

Regards

GorgieBoy