Problem on credit file

kev31b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI ,

wonder if anyone can help i enclose word doc ref my problem i had a few problems back in 2000 and went on payment plan and paid every month without fail on one of my debts CL Finance took over the debt and i paid them monthly as well but having checked my credit file they have marked it down as no 6 say 6 payments missed but i didnt this is affecting my file can i get it removed as they have not put down the right information .

any help on this please

Credit Card.doc

Hi

I think you ought to be writing to CL showing them the proof that you haven't missed any payments then demand they either prove you have missed payments or remove the information from your credit file.

If they refuse you will have to go to the Information Commissioner or sue them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

Have just done a SAR to them asking for all information they hold including statements once i receive i can then go back to them if they remove this from file will this improve my score

I believe the missed payments refer to the fact that you were not paying the contracted minimum. The report is therefore 'accurate' as it captured how you ran the account. Your score is meaningless as lenders don't see this.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

But surely as the account was passed to a debt agency and they agreed a repayment plan then i am paying them the agreed amout each month so i did not miss payments which is what they are saying .

I have other accounts and they dont show miss payments.

To be honest I have a mixture too. Apex continue to report the default, Cabot mark as sound payment wise. I think it depends tbh.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Rather than showing missed payments, I think it should show "Arrangement to Pay" as that is more accurate. You must be paying more than token payments for the missing payments to show.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

Have just done a SAR to them asking for all information they hold including statements once i receive i can then go back to them if they remove this from file will this improve my score

From a few years of work on how the CRAs work I can comment for information

The entries are placed by the creditor/ dcas and the CRA cannot amend or remove

an entry without permissio.

Any payment that is made other than that set down in the original agreement.

ie amount/frequency has to be reported on the CRA file as it is a true reflection

of the management of the account.

Please be aware that removal or amendment of thje entry will not improve

the ''credit score''

To improve the ''mythical CS'' will on average 3 years sometimes more of

properly managed creit/service accounts, electoral registration Gain and cifas

must be clear.

Long term stable residence also plays a big roll in assesing credit worthiness, most

lenders are looking to an absolute minimum of 3 years stable credit activity and

many are now requiring 6 years records so that long term unpaid or paid defaults

are taken into account.

Finally all lenders use their own unique in house ''scoring'' system along side

CRA data and may use all or parts of your CRA files to reach a decision, the CRA

credit score is an indication to the data subject as to how lenders MAY see your

credit worthiness.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

i think you must do this

write a letter of complaint to the lender

like this

Dear Sir/Madam

I wish to complaint after i review my credit reference file on equifax is misleading. I payed by direct debit instructions to the lender of my bank. I am forward all the edvince that i havent miss a late payment.

and put that down.

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

I have used the SAR on a number of occasion and formed the

opinion it's a waste of £10 the data supplied is the same as the

report you see.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: