DWP Interview Under Caution

sinkinghelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Well I am still here ........just found out that the local firm of solicitors appointed by the Council for the Magistrates Court prosecution has now appointed a Barrister from the same chambers that my Barrister is from...

regards

sinkinghelp

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most of them know each other anyway - and at least it gives them a chance to see if there are any points that they can agree on (or do a bit of bartering)

Agreed. Barristers are self-employed, so there's no conflict of interest. They just share chambers to cut down on office and admin costs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Oh my god sinkinghelp.

I have just sat and read the whole thread, its taken hours and it has worn me out.

How you have managed to cope with this for over a year is beyond me, you deserve a medal not a punishment.

Really hope that your barrister does a good job and you get the decision you're hoping for.

Hello All

Thanks for the most positive comments........and yes its been a long road and extremely scarey as this is the first clash with the law for me

I cant believe at times how I have managed to hang on but the belief that I have been mis informed is the strongest feeling

The council have been ruthless and vindictive to the last degree but it was strange how much of that went away after my involvment with the Ombudsman

Still not long till the end of March and a Plea? hearing at Crown Court

thanks for the effort taken to post replies they do help

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Someone known to me recently went to court for HB/CTB 'fraud' ,,found guilty ( because he couldn't prove he had told them about a pension)..ordered to repay 26k....plus £250 costs and a years conditional discharge.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Hello Lillibelle

Thanks for the information

On top of the punishment of course is the fact that you end up if convicted with a Criminal Record and inurance and finance applications can be seriously effected as well !!!

Plus the upset of it being reported in the press etc etc

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Yep..all that too,,he stupidly tried to blag his way through it though,,blamed everything and everybody else.I asked him why he didn't query why he had so much money coming in every month,,benefits aren't that generous!

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Hello Lillibelle

Quite agree unless a low amount over many years like mine. Buy hey ho I will still be me after the event what ever happens

Well nearly I hope not to become very bitter and twisted too much

regards

sinkinghelp

Yep..all that too,,he stupidly tried to blag his way through it though,,blamed everything and everybody else.I asked him why he didn't query why he had so much money coming in every month,,benefits aren't that generous!

I guess if you know very little about benefits, you probably wouldn't query it.

Thats very true

Having worked for the past 40 years I had no idea about how it all worked. I became involved as a result of serious illness of which for the past 12 months plus I have reduced the medication so I can achieve a little mental clarity

I am more aware of the benefit system now

thanks for the comments I hope they help others as they have helped me

regards

sinkinghelp

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

VERY many thanks for asking. I am holding up just. At Crown Court at the end of March for a Plea Management appearance. Next time I go to solicitor I must ask what happens there as I have no idea.

I dont think they progress with the case on that day but as I say I dont know

Once again thanks for asking -

kind regards

sinkinghelp

I too have just been reading through all of this....my heart goes out to you and all my best wishes, willing for a good outcome.......take care and good luck.

Hello

Many thanks for the reply. Replies do help

One thing all this malarky has made me do is check - check and double check because I was simply bumbling along and then bang

I will never believe anything I am told until I cna get it verified

But when you are ill and on medication its so difficult

I know its not the right thread but I have just recently completed the changeover benefit questionare which has today been followed up by a request by atos to attend a medical ..........

The way things go I will fail that and then go to appeal and then....and then...

Its like a roundabout but not very magical

thanks again

sinkinghelp

it is indeed difficult when on meds and ill....some days I just don't remember anything, telephone calls are useless to me as I wont remember what was said even just a day later...everything has to be in writing. I ALWAYS take copies of anything I send to dwp or atos or anyone...and anything important is sent recorded...proof proof and proof. Yes the carousel ride ...lots of people on it I hear.

Good to hear you are still hanging on in there. When I helped my daughter appeal her ESA medical outcome I got a lot of help from a website 'disney.go.com/mickey/'. They produce a really good appeal guidance document which was so useful when she had to appeal her medical outcome. And she won. At that time there was a big issue about recording the interviews, but I think maybe ATOS has been forced to back down a bit since then. Check out the website before you go to your medical because it will help you avoid some of the possible pitfalls. Good luck, hope someone will give some advice about what a plea management hearing is.

Keep posting and best wishes.

Sorry, don't know what happened with the typing there. The website is: disney.go.com/mickey/

Hello there. I think it could be because you're trying to post the name of a commercial website and this is why the filter is changing the name. I'm having a look.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

so sorry to hear what your going though and i hope your health improves for you there is nothing worse than being ill and having all this stress.

if you need any help or advise with your benefits dont worry were all here to help you and guide you though it and give you as much support as you need

hope all goes well for you and keep us posted xxxx

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

Still here !

Today I have to go for a medical for my transition I assume from Incapacity Benefit to the new benefit. I have also receieved a letter about my DLA and the way it is changing

Two weeks left before the Crown Court Case and Plea hearing so not looking forward to that

again thanks for all the comments

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Hello all

Travelled to the Medical and the medical was cancelled. Very polite DWP lady said she will note I turned up and a new appoitment will be sent through the post

So now waiting for a new appoitment

kind regards

sinkinghelp