Transport investigations ltd, - brought ticket after travelling without one.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not entirely convinced that station staff do indeed keep logs of the times when queues have built up nor ticket inspectors contacting the station to check, at least not in the first instance.

I have checked with station staff & booking offices countless times after receiving inspectors reports and never yet have I been unable to ascertain whether there were excessive queues or not

Most inspectors don't need to check in view of the traveller as the information sent to their pager/blackberry/mobile phone will have been updated before they start checking a train and they will already know whether a particular station has a problem

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all forum members WE WON,

TIL 0, MY WIFE 1,

I contacted the company on behalf of my wife and it seems to me that what they are hopeing for is that people dont contact them and the case will go to prosecuction,this then means that they will win the case.

I told the lady at the company that with the evidence that we have that it would be unfair to prosecute and that we would be getting a solicitor and we WILL GO TO COURT TO GIVE THE JUDGE OUR SIDE OF THE STORY.

A few days later there was a letter in the post telling us that nothing would be going further!

• 2 months later...

To all forum members WE WON,

TIL 0, MY WIFE 1,

I contacted the company on behalf of my wife and it seems to me that what they are hopeing for is that people dont contact them and the case will go to prosecuction,this then means that they will win the case.

I told the lady at the company that with the evidence that we have that it would be unfair to prosecute and that we would be getting a solicitor and we WILL GO TO COURT TO GIVE THE JUDGE OUR SIDE OF THE STORY.

A few days later there was a letter in the post telling us that nothing would be going further!

Just a bit of an update on this.

It seems that because they were being criticised by ATOC and others (including some members of the Welsh Assembly) for allowing too many travellers to fail to pay, Arriva Trains Wales have introduced a more rigid enforcement of the existing rules and have conducted some special ticket checking exercises.

It seems that in a very short time several hundred people were found to be commuting daily in the Cardiff area without first buying tickets and it appears that some of these will face prosecution.

As many as a hundred people who have complained have been sent a warning letter telling them that they must use the booking office or ticket machines, or must approach the guard and pay the fare before completing their journey if they get on at a station where there is nowhere to buy a ticket.

Hi old-cod,

Since all this has happened to my wife arriva trains have now placed up lots of boards highlighting the fact that you need to pay before you travel.!

Ah, it seems they have been shaken up a bit.

I'm surprised ATW don't introduce PF's in the Cardif area and between Cardiff and Swansea.

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.