No more calls from Cabot... lol

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are getting fed up with telephone calls from cabot, I suggest emailing their chief exec Mr Maynard directly - kmaynard@cabotfinancial.com

(I copied my letter from this site)

cabotcustomer@cabotfinancial.com wrote:

To: *********

Subject: FW: Instruction to Cease and Desist

Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:55:49 +0100

Dear ******

A copy of your email has been passed to our Customer Relations Department to action your request for further information.
I can confirm that today i have removed your telephone numbers from our records and all future communications will be in writing.

Yours sincerely

Sue Pratt

Customer Assurance Advisor.

-----Original Message-----

Sent:
08 September 2006 20:25

To:

Subject:
Instruction to Cease and Desist

8th September 2006

Mr K Maynard

Chief Executive

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

PO Box 241

West Malling

Kent

ME19 4NA

Dear Mr Maynard

Further to the letters I have sent directly to CABOT, representatives of your company have continued to call my home telephone number. As per my emails and letters, I have instructed your employees not to call me. However, my repeated requests have been ignored. Please accept this email as confirmation that any future telephone calls will be recorded. I will take the liberty to send numerous copies of this email to ensure safe receipt.

Cabots' behaviour constitutes harassment; my letters quite clearly to Cabot that I require all communications in writing for future Court use. Do not telephone me again - remove any telephone numbers you hold for me from your systems.

Your telephone calls are in breach of the Office of Fair Trading guidelines. If you continue with them after the receipt of this email an official complaint, together with a log recording the times and frequency of the calls will be passed both to that office and to the Trading Standards office.

This type of debt collection method is contrary to the 'Administration of Justice Act 1970' in that it is intended to cause alarm and distress to the recipient. Your methods will not be tolerated.

Take further note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

• You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account.
  • A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.
  • You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

• You must supply a statement of account, detailing any and all payments

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued. Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Yours faithfully,

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol