Comet incompetent staff trafford park

misspiachi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used the reserve and collect system for Comet when trying to purchase 2 x LACIE drives.

The assistant told me on the phone there was one in the Trafford Park store, and also one ex display model.

I purchased both.

On getting the items home I was told by my place of work I had needed a FIREWIRE;

thinking nothing of it I tried to return the items to Stanley Retail park to be told by manager he would absolutely not refund

the ex display model.

Unhelpful.

So I called Customer Services who informed me ex display must be returned to the original store.

As there was NO note on my receipt this was ex display,

I was told by Trf Park they wouldn't be able to refund the very same item they had sold me 30.11.2011.

And to add to this, they 'don't have ex display items!!"

I tried to point out repeatedly that that is indeed impossible as I had not only been sold one from the strore not 2 weeks previous,

but that when i called to Reserve and Collect had been informed that one of the items would be ex display.

I am in effect being called a liar by Comet.

I pointed out to the gentleman on the phone that one of his store members had failed to do their job properly

by 1 - not offering me a reduction on an ex display and

2 - not making a note of ex display on the receipt

(how was I to know this was going to make an item unreturnable to the very store I bought it from)?

I asked the gentleman his name, to be told it was - the very same name on my receipt!!

I suggested he should observe what he does in the future to avoid upsetting future honest customers.

The item has the Comet barcode on - what on earth d they think I am trying to do - fiddle them out of 59.99?

I will never use Comet again, after practically being accused of making it up the fact I bought an ex display model. I cannot believe what stress and upset they are happy to put future customers through.

Hi miss

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain whats happened with as much detail as possible, explain what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Bob Darke, Managing Director

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

First of all just want to mention that I dont work for comets, in fact i hate retailers full stop (which is why i shop online). But i feel i should comment on your issue. First of all, did you mention to the reserve and collect people you wanted a drive with fire wire? Also have they said they wont refund any of it, or have they said they wont refund the ex display item? Also how are they not doing their job properly, they dont have to give you a reduction on ex display items. This would be at their discretion. You should have noticed that they failed to take note that it was an ex display item. Not tell them two weeks later. Furthermore, comets dont have their own personal barcodes (correct me if im wrong), they are provided by the manufacturer to be used by all retailers. Im sure you are not trying to fiddle them, but im sure youll agree that there are people out there that try to fiddle them. Finally they dont actually have to take anything back legally once youve purchased them. Shops only have a goodwill policy for returns within 14 days, 28 days, 30 days etc... There is no law in place that says they have to do this. They can actually refuse to refund you if your not happy with the good or if youve purchased the wrong items. Good Luck anyway !!!

No - totally my mistake re the firewire. I was asked to make the purchase for work purposes and wasn't informed by them it had to be firewire. I get what you're saying re retailers not having to take stuff back. However, it IS common practice in today's shopping and they don't have an issue refunding the pristine item on this basis, therefore a full refund is what I expect on the 2 items I have bought,

Of course I didn't expect a discount on the ex display item. It was actually their own staff member when I tried to return it who told me Comet would always offer a reduction on exdisplay hence their confusion. I certainly don't or didn't expect it.

I not only noticed it was ex display, I was told when reserving the item it would be. I assumed they would have this on their records in the same way they record if an item is brand new. I reject the claim that it was my responsibility to make them take note. As a mere purchaser, I assume all retail knowhow comes from the staff themselves. They did say in the case of ex display it is THEM who makes a note on the receipt. However, this did come down to their not doing so, and of course my being ignorant to this. I am not a consumer in the habit of returning items. To now tell me they don't even hold ex display items is a blatant miscarriage of information because I have bought one from that very store from the very same idiot salesperson who served me first time round and failed to note it on the receipt.

I seriously wouldn't waste my time investigating this matter and pursuing it if I didn't genuinely feel aggrieved by the whole injustice of it. Comet are a company in trouble - and I am seriously not surprised when their code of customer service is so shocking.

Comets was sold last week for £2, infact KESA who owned Comets also gave the buyers £50m to take it off their hands.

Companies are always getting sold. I think if they were really in trouble no one would actually buy them. Also miss, why don't you go into the shop and show them that they keep your product on display. Surley this would resolve the issue.

Better still, you mention you need a drive with fire wire. Tell them if a refund is not possible can they exchange the product for one that has what you want. I know usually big shops would compromise in a situation like this. Alternatively I have just visited their website and it states they will take back items which have been opened, but they charge 10% of the value of the product for doing so. I know you didn't open it yourself but again this may be an option for you which is less stressful.

I just reported the news, I haven't given a personal opinion.

Companies are always getting sold. I think if they were really in trouble no one would actually buy them. Also miss, why don't you go into the shop and show them that they keep your product on display. Surley this would resolve the issue.