Dial a Rod - Boiler Insurance...WON'T RETURN MY MONEY!!!!!.....HELP!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I also took out their Boiler Breakdown cover (they won't call it insurance!) and what a waste of time it was. My policy started in Dec-11 and last week I tried to make a claim and I was given the run around. I spent several days chasing them and being promised an engineer but nothing happened except very rude staff who didn't care at all and don't have any customer skills whatsoever. In the end I had to get my own engineer to fix the fault and will be cancelling my direct debits to this stupid outfit. Be warned. Do not use them.

Did you record any of the calls? Are you just going to leave it like that ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

As already stated this company is still not returning monies that they take out of your bank account.

I cancelled my contract with this company within 2 hours and they still took money out of my account.

This is straight forward theft as I had fourteen days to cancel my contact and I have advised this company by phone.email and registered letter and they still have not returned my monies leaving me with no option but to seek legal redress.

i would suggest that if you do enter into a contract with thie company it could prove very problematic at he very least

Hi there

As already stated this company is still not returning monies that they take out of your bank account.

I cancelled my contract with this company within 2 hours and they still took money out of my account.

This is straight forward theft as I had fourteen days to cancel my contact and I have advised this company by phone.email and registered letter and they still have not returned my monies leaving me with no option but to seek legal redress.

i would suggest that if you do enter into a contract with thie company it could prove very problematic at he very least

Perhaps you should have cancelled the direct debit with your bank. If you did and the monies were still taken then the DD guarantee should persuade your bank to recall the money.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have had no end of problems with these xxxxxxxxx. They are a cow boy outfit. I took out a Landlords policy for plumbing and heating but i have yet to receive the service provided. They promised a landlords safety certificate but i have rang and rang and whenever the call centre finally gets round to answering they just take my details and then nothing happens. Guys this company should not be trading, its a xxxxx!

How did you pay, if you paid by Credit Card/Visa Debit, then contact your card provider to do a 'Chargeback'.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

Lodge a complaint with Trading Standards.

I have had no end of problems with these xxxxxxxxx. They are a cow boy outfit. I took out a Landlords policy for plumbing and heating but i have yet to receive the service provided. They promised a landlords safety certificate but i have rang and rang and whenever the call centre finally gets round to answering they just take my details and then nothing happens. Guys this company should not be trading, its a xxxxx!

• 4 weeks later...

Just like to warn other engineers / gas/plumbers etc, these guys wont pay you, this is a shamble of a company, who are consistantly ripping people off, stay well clear both homeowners and contractors.

cheques have bounced twice, numerous calls, been put on hold for ages, etc etc, no one will call back when told they would, im now passing debt on to a recovery service.

Dial a rod corp ltd

67 tweedy rd

bromley kent

br1 3nh

for anyone needing to contact them.

Ive also got company registered adress / director etc etc, will post back.

This company are [edit]s and I ask all of you to contact the following address with your complaints as they need more people to complain to enable them to take action.

EHTS duty officer at Bromley council [sorry not allowed to post email address but it easy to find]

Thanks and good luck in getting satisfaction.

Edited by honeybee13
Removing contentious words.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys i have had such a bad experience with dialarod, i am just shocked the way their customer services operates, as mentioned in some comments above, i have a policy with dialarod for 7 months, recently claimed for my leaking boiler, and its been 3 MONTHS , 1- you go through hell to be able to speak to someone, 2- they always make false promises and the call handlers are extremely rude, with no customer service experience whatsoever, 3- once you are fed up and want to cancel your policy they will refuse to refund you, i mean i can not believe such **EDIT ** exist, and people who fall for their cheap adverts should check their reputation, otherwise you end up with a huge telephone bill, waste of time, and end up here to write something nasty about them,

TO ALL WHO READ THIS, AVOID DIAL-A-ROD AT ANY COST

Edited by citizenB

depending on the way you paid this outfit there are different ways to obtain repayment; see previous threads but whatever you do report it to Orpington trading standards.

Good luck.

Thanks, buddy

I was gonna call the orpington trading standard but couldnt get the number, but i will try again.( i paid by direct debit)

• 2 months later...
this company is now posing under a different guise and contacting existing customers under the pretext that their existing cover is worthless and do they wish to re-insure. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very correct i believe there is a thread on here as well.......The women **EDIT**i think resigned as director in April from Dialarod, and set up a new website called boilercover.tvIt is the most shocking and worst looking sites tbh, and if anyone even paid money out after looking at that site, really they shouldnt have complaints when they realise their money is gone.Believe me though this women is going to get whats coming to here.I cant say to much, but she will be hald accountable legally.

Edited by citizenB
removed personal information

Not sure about 'ihateyes' motive when he denigrates the web site. Sorry but experience has taught me not to trust anyone. Coincidentally just received phone call from Boilerbreakdoencover saying that Dialarod no longer exists and would I like to reinsure with them. Gave their web address as http://www.boilerbreakdown.uk.com which is quite a smart page except it has a different name and contact number from the one Katy of BBcover gave me. 08444148157!!!!!!!!!!

The name is similar to that mentioned by 'ihateyes' and they knew too much info not to be involved with Dialarod.

Not sure about 'ihateyes' motive when he denigrates the web site. Sorry but experience has taught me not to trust anyone. Coincidentally just received phone call from Boilerbreakdoencover saying that Dialarod no longer exists and would I like to reinsure with them. Gave their web address as http://www.boilerbreakdown.uk.com which is quite a smart page except it has a different name and contact number from the one Katy of BBcover gave me. 08444148157!!!!!!!!!!

The name is similar to that mentioned by 'ihateyes' and they knew too much info not to be involved with Dialarod.

Clearly talking about different companies.

Boilerbreakdownuk.com is nothing to do with dialrod.tv..... this site was first up and running in 2010. http://whois.domaintools.com/boilerbreakdown.uk.com

the above site is very professional, easily findable on companies house website. the nuber is free fone, which dial a rod isnt.

http://www.boilercover.tv was set up the month the women resigned from dialorod.tv. the website is unprofessional.

http://whois.domaintools.com/boilercover.tv and is registered in Toronto.... no names available. its IP is in Leeds.

you can read more here and this site names names.... http://www.e-customer-satisfaction.com/rev/2882/dial-a-rod-dial-a-rod-rogue-traders-beware-home-cover-policy-is-a-[problem]/details.php

you wont be able to find boilercover.tv registered in companies house either.

jut remember is you read through that e-customersatsfaction site you will see 100% proof its the same woman than ran dialarod that is running boilercover.tv

but as i said legally her time will come.....

also you might remember prices dial a rod was offering...... is it on the above named website by yourself..... no

does the above named website cover all the UK.... no

Id suggest you be careful about saying one site is connected to another business that was potentially committing fraud, without not knowing the facts or very much from your posts in relation to this.

Edited by ihateyes

thanks for the advice but I dont think that I have said the companies are related, in fact I've stressed the difference between the website and your comments. The price of cover may have been on Dialarod's site but not the type, my name and my home telephone number! You dont have that info unless you have a connection with Dialarod.

and they knew too much info not to be involved with Dialarod.

hmmmmmmm

there are too many wee companies around, and price is never the answer.

and the telephone number gave you is for boilercover.tv.... i believe this lady also worked for Dialarod

Also a question has to be asked if Data Protection has been broken, as contracts were not sold to another company.

Edited by honeybee13
Removing name.

• 4 months later...

I'd advise anyone who has taken a policy out with this company to retrieve their money back through their bank using the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme.

Its called an Indemnity Claim.

These rogues deprived me of my money and gave no service. Bloody typical.

Edited by honeybee13
Removing pejorative word.