Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we have received exactly the same letter as napoleon100. but as we have a letter dated 2002, stating that they have closed the account, and also one in 2003 saying they have closed the account, and they have sent statements to us with a ballance available on them , and some times added interest where they say our arrangement has come to an end,

I would like to see the new signed agreements that we must have for them to do this

In dispute letter in the post tonight.

:)

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you think that this constitutes a valid CCA then? My letter and CCA make it sound as though I do not have a valid dispute, but they have only provided me with a copy of the agreement that I have signed. What constitutes a valid CCA? I know from above that it has to have the signature, amount of interwest etc. but does this have to be in a certain format? The interest etc. on mine is shown on another page and not on the page that I have signed.

Could somebody please let me know if the attached agreement is enforceable.

It took over 4 months to receive copy of loan agreement and the quality is so poor there are words that are illegible.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/IpjnNdBOhOpuouKuQFV2tA?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/9XBXYbgF5v2ai2Wl96qBmQ?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/PVw

Morning,

Your third link is broken. can you try again

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Doesn't sound like good news for debtors?

However after many recent perverse judgements and other FOS/OFT actions favouring the establishment we shouldn't be surprised.

I hope the Scottish Courts will be able to retain some semblance of independence in the forthcoming Unfair Charges cases.

BD

If it sticks close to the draft guidance then I reckon it'll remain close to DJ waksmans description used in Carey vs HSBC, i.e. reconstructions are in as long as the agreement hasnt been varied, if its been varied the original plus the varied details need to be sent... plus on all responses the original name/address of the debtor has to be on the form.

S.

Hi all

Forgive me if this has already been asked and covered but 800+ pages frightened me and I am panicking a little now. I'm in court for SJ app by Rectums, this Monday. I have completely illegible copy of Marbles application form from 1999 together with T&C claimed to be the back of of app form and therefore a executed agreement, but shown by me to be from 2003 at minimum, with original interest figures either tippexed out or altered and the 'right' figues inserted by hand instead of typed (Can only be seen when magnified several times). This is now part of the claimant's exhibits. Rectums witness statement claims that when originally signed the agreement would have been in pristine condition and completely legible.

I have been back to read CCA 61 (1) ©

61 Signing of agreement

(1) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

© the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

My question is how do I counter this argument as they seem to be correct in that it is commonsense that the document is, WHEN PRESENTED or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

Any help or pointing in the right direction will be much appreciated. Thanks.

(The link to my 'agreement' is http://i49.tinypic.com/1235xu9.jpg)

< < < < If I can help I will and if I have helped please tip my scales. :|

Please keep this site alive by downloading the great new CAG toolbar - keeps all your subscribed threads in one easy to use place. http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php Use the search facility regularly and CAG generates much needed money!

I am sure the law means anything given to you NOW must be totally legible and a TRUE copy of the original. I think they're bluffing! See them in court (if they turn up) - but be well prepared!

BD

Thanks BD.

The illegible argument was a non starter because the reconstitution they turned up with was legible. However, judge did concede I had a point of law that no one has been able to get beyond as yet and adjourned for upto 28 days to hear submissions on this point. It was all possible because of being well prepared beforehand and using Carey in my own arguments.

< < < < If I can help I will and if I have helped please tip my scales. :|

Please keep this site alive by downloading the great new CAG toolbar - keeps all your subscribed threads in one easy to use place. http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php Use the search facility regularly and CAG generates much needed money!

Thanks BD.

The illegible argument was a non starter because the reconstitution they turned up with was legible. However, judge did concede I had a point of law that no one has been able to get beyond as yet and adjourned for upto 28 days to hear submissions on this point. It was all possible because of being well prepared beforehand and using Carey in my own arguments.

Yes I think we all need to be prepared for reconstructions and use carey as much as we can.

S.

Hi, same result as i got last year. Well done!

Interestingly, they did not go down the reconstructed CCA route, although I believe that they are allowed to do so if they want. However, if the OC did not keep any records, it may be that the original T+C, etc. were not recorded.

On the other side of that letter at the top right hand corner there are faq's relevant to the circumstances existing....in this letter they have said my default will be removed from the Bureaix within 6 wks...wow little effoert there then...but i will confirm just to put pressure on.

BD..do not want to disclose...but I believe that they cannot find the 'original' due to varied terms as mentioned above...even though I simply asked for a copy of the original...

My advice is that WHENEVER a copy is asked for one should also mention 'any terms that have been varied since the inception of the alleged agreement' this according to one of the posts above may well involve HHJ WAksman's directive that the original must be produced...I think that in my case although I did not ask....the terms must have been varied and therefore this could have been a criticaL FACTOR...

RGDS M2AE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks