Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree. The more I read it (and that's a little more each day) the more aghast I'm becoming. There's no real protection there at all IMHO.

And yes, those that shout loudest get included as I found out in nearly three years of dealing with DEFRA / government regarding what became the NERC Act 2006 as you know.

Pete

And we have hardly touched the 2 updates of 1984 and 2004 yet or the million SI's that apply LMAO

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You do make me smile:p

I knew I was good for something lol:D

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

It's interesting don't you think then, that if most lenders do it, that's the best interpretation of the requirements? Th few that don't so it are therfore in the minority, or not 'complying' with industry practice.....does this make sense?

lol, thanks Tamadus! I figured someone would come out with something like that...it's an irish keyboard, don't know if that's why it's laid out a bit differently, lol :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

And we have hardly touched the 2 updates of 1984 and 2004 yet or the million SI's that apply LMAO

sorry to be thick - what's an SI?!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Tell me about it!! rollblueeyes.gifeek2.gif

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

sorry to be thick - what's an SI?!

Statutory Instrument - a modifying order if you like that allows the Government to modify an act without drafting a whole new one.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

It's interesting don't you think then, that if most lenders do it, that's the best interpretation of the requirements? Th few that don't so it are therfore in the minority, or not 'complying' with industry practice.....does this make sense?

lol, thanks Tamadus! I figured someone would come out with something like that...it's an irish keyboard, don't know if that's why it's laid out a bit differently, lol :)

Hmmm thought the irish board was the standard one we use, you sure you have it set up and a standard 102 key ? and not as an american keyboard.

We have something like 450 different credit cards in this country, a lot of course are afinity cards issued by MBNA or similar company. Most of those will follow the 'industry standards' as they have done over charges. Personally I will be looking for the one company that bucks those industry standards and actually treats the customer with respect and the consideration they deserve, while at the same time not charging some ludicrous interest rate of at least 3 times base rate. If I cant find one then I am going to have an official credit card burning party :lol:

Statutory Instrument - a modifying order if you like that allows the Government to modify an act without drafting a whole new one.

Pete

Thanks for clearing this up!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hmmm thought the irish board was the standard one we use, you sure you have it set up and a standard 102 key ? and not as an american keyboard.

We have something like 450 different credit cards in this country, a lot of course are afinity cards issued by MBNA or similar company. Most of those will follow the 'industry standards' as they have done over charges. Personally I will be looking for the one company that bucks those industry standards and actually treats the customer with respect and the consideration they deserve, while at the same time not charging some ludicrous interest rate of at least 3 times base rate. If I cant find one then I am going to have an official credit card burning party :lol:

I dont know what the prob is with this keyboard - it's my housemate's computer, lol. the disjoted letters and spaces only seem to ever happen on ths computer, lol....nevermind eh? thanks for the help..

I terms of the industry standards, what I meant was that ifmost of the providers interpret the act to say that he T&C's should be included then surel that is the bet interpretation outside that of the court, have I explained that right?

Well, if you find one mate, let me know too!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

The CAA mentions Licensees is there anywhere that providers who are licensees are registered so that we can check?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

The CAA mentions Licensees is there anywhere that providers who are licensees are registered so that we can check?

Guess what ,the credit licences are administered by none other than our good old friends in the OFT. Its actually called a consumer credit license and any person or company dealing in consumer credit in any fashion at all has to hold one. That includes insurance and pension advisors. Most of course are covered by their respective company license. My ex used to hold one and I still have an expired one here somewhere.

My ex used to hold one and I still have an expired one here somewhere.

Really? How come? Isn't it funny how all of these agencies - the courts included - seem to work for the multi million pound comapnies and not for us, whom they are meant to support....

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Really? How come? Isn't it funny how all of these agencies - the courts included - seem to work for the multi million pound comapnies and not for us, whom they are meant to support....

That's certainly how it seems at times. But I guess it's human nature to support ( rightly or wrongly) those who have the fattest cheque book.

Then you get instances where an agency appears to be on the small guys side like the OFT and yet wont take action to eliminate charges altogether. Please lets not get into the free banking argument. MY view is the banks make more than enough from us during legitimate day to day transactions, loans, the overnight markets and overdrafts to make a very good living without charging for a bank account.

I know I never paid for banking way back in the 70's and I put more money through the accounts than I ever did then. The sheer fact my account handles more money now than then means they make more on the overnight markets than they ever did.

Guess what ,the credit licences are administered by none other than our good old friends in the OFT. Its actually called a consumer credit license and any person or company dealing in consumer credit in any fashion at all has to hold one. That includes insurance and pension advisors. Most of course are covered by their respective company license. My ex used to hold one and I still have an expired one here somewhere.

I've looked through the OFT site, but can't find a list f licensees anywher - any ideas where I can find one?

Also, any idea why T-Mobile and Vodafone think they are exempt?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I've looked through the OFT site, but can't find a list f licensees anywher - any ideas where I can find one?

Also, any idea why T-Mobile and Vodafone think they are exempt?

You will probably need to write to them for a list of license holders, it would be a breach of the DPA to publish it on a website I think. I'm not even sure they will supply a full list.

ALL mobile phone companies think they are exempt from the CCA lol.

That's certainly how it seems at times. But I guess it's human nature to support ( rightly or wrongly) those who have the fattest cheque book.

Or to those of which the Directors of these organisations have shares themselves!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Do you know why they are though? And can you ask them to prove they aren't?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Do you know why they are though? And can you ask them to prove they aren't?

(PS guys - don't forget clocks go back tonight (28.10.2006)!! :))

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Or to those of which the Directors of these organisations have shares themselves!

Good point and you can call me cynical if you like ( I blame my age) but it boils down to the same thing.

Good point and you can call me cynical if you like ( I blame my age) but it boils down to the same thing.

What u mean that them helping the ones with the fattest cheque books and them having shares boil down to the same thing?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Either way they can profit. Although I am not saying they do but I can't help wondering sometimes.

Either way they can profit. Although I am not saying they do but I can't help wondering sometimes.

Indeed.

It annoys me so much - I've had a claim in with LTSB for charges and they haven't ered their AQ after 14 days.....the court are giving them a reminder and another 7 days...for god sake - I maaged to get mine in the next day!!

and I don't understand ho judges can justify giving companies like Egg more timeto get their cases together when they turn up for hearings with no cases,especially when the claimant has got theirs done when they work full time and don't have access to legal representation like the million pound companies do - it amazes me.

Anywho, that's my rant over for the day...I will be going out now so will pick the thread up tomorrow.

Sleep well Tam and everyone else - and don't forget those clocks go back! (28.10.2006)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Indeed.

It annoys me so much - I've had a claim in with LTSB for charges and they haven't ered their AQ after 14 days.....the court are giving them a reminder and another 7 days...for god sake - I maaged to get mine in the next day!!

and I don't understand ho judges can justify giving companies like Egg more timeto get their cases together when they turn up for hearings with no cases,especially when the claimant has got theirs done when they work full time and don't have access to legal representation like the million pound companies do - it amazes me.

Anywho, that's my rant over for the day...I will be going out now so will pick the thread up tomorrow.

Sleep well Tam and everyone else - and don't forget those clocks go back! (28.10.2006)

I have to admit what looks like preferential treatment annoys me a lot especially when they have the time and resources and we don't. I bet if we were 5 minutes late we would be penalised.

night night Un1boy sleep well.

Just quickly - I agree....and that's what I want an answer to from ym MP....check it out if you like?

Letter to my MP - Please check

Nite again, lol!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Guest The Terminator

Hi all just got in and have been reading tonights posts which I must say have thrown up some very interesting points.The point that I am interested in is the application form being used as the agreement.I'm going to have to go back to the law books for clarification but I dont think that an application form can be used as an agreement regardless of what the wording is.As Tam pointed out anyone can apply for a card ,get turned down and 10 years down the line an unscrupulous provider(which is most of them) could say that an agreement is in place because there is a signuture on the form.This goes along the lines of you have been "pre approved" for a loan or card the question here is how!.The simple fact is an application form is exactly what it says.I had a loan from HSBC some years ago and had to fill in an application form,when it was approved a signed agreement was posted with a signuture of HSBC on it and I had to sign a copy and send it back.To me that is a properly executed agreement, It could be argued that an application form is not a properly executed agreement yet the CCP would argue otherwise.Im going to look into this in a bit more detail because I've got a feeling that the CCP may have bitten off more than they can chew and have been treating us consumers as idiots and I'd be very interested to know how many agreements are actually valid from my experience of contracts there are 7 elements to make a contract valid and I will post that info tomorrow and it will then be interesting to see if the 7 elements are incorparated into the T&C. If they are not then I can really see the sh-t hitting the fan.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks