Advice received from Claire's caused injury to my daughter

brewbabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice gratefully received.

In a nutshell I had my daughter's ears pierced at Claires 2.5 years ago. After 6 months I changed the gold earrings to silver fashion ones, also purchased there. They made her ears sore and I couldn't get the gold ones back in, too sore, so I took them out to heal. I always intended letting her have them pierced again after they had healed. A while, a few weeks, later we returned to store and saw the girl who originally pierced daughters ears and were told she couldn't have them pierced as she had lumps in her ear caused by shampoo or soap ****. We were told to rub the lumps to make them go. When the lumps had gone she could have them pierced. We returned to the store 3/4 time more over the last 2 years and were told the same advice by the same girl. My daughter kept rubbing them trying to get rid of the lumps until one afternoon her ear became infected. Trip to the doctors and she was diagnosed with an infection and put on anti biotic medicine.

Explained to doctors why my daughter was rubbing her ears. Was told rubbing caused the infection, the lumps were scar tissue and would never go away and she could of had her ears re-pierced years ago. Also that she had never heard such a load of rubbish.

Contacted Claire's and after 4 or 5 weeks of me continuously chasing them they have offered half price ear piercing, then free ear piercing, then £30 vouchers then £40 vouchers all of which I have declined. I have told them that £40 of gift vouchers does not come near to making amends for dangerous after care advice that left my daughter injured and in pain, needing medical attention and taking drugs. Also she has spent hours rubbing these lumps and gone without her ears pierced which has at times caused her to be thoroughly upset.

I put my complaint in writing 6 days ago, previously it was all by telephone, and they have not even bothered to contact me. They have received my letter as I have phoned them. I have e-mailed again today complaining about their appalling lack of CS and given them 7 days to come back to me.

During conversations with Claire's they have apologised, said they have retrained their staff sent the area manager in to deal with it and the girl has left their employment for reasons I do not know why.

I have maintained from the onset the piercing was never the problem the on going after care advice is the issue.

I am interested to hear people's thoughts on this and how to proceed.

Thank you all.