Off With His Head - Clamper Gareth Andrews 'obstructed Queen's officers'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Clamper Gareth Andrews 'obstructed Queen's officers'

A private clamper accused of immobilising royal protection officers' unmarked cars acted "belligerently", a Hampshire court heard.

Gareth Andrews refused to removed the clamps despite the fact PC Mark Cox showed him his warrant card.

Mr Andrews, 39, of Privett Road, Fareham, denies wilfully obstructing a police constable in his duty.

The officers were protecting the Queen as she visited Portsmouth, the city's magistrates' court heard.

PC Cox told the court that because of Mr Andrews's "belligerence" he had no option but to arrest him.

'Real officers'

The officers were both dressed in plain clothes during the operation on 25 May, having parked the cars at Gunwharf Quays marina.

Colin Shackel, prosecuting, told the court parking spaces allocated to the officers were temporarily being used by a delivery lorry so, after consulting security staff, they parked in adjacent spaces.

He said Mr Andrews had arrived and clamped the cars and refused to release them because he did not believe he was dealing with real police officers.

"By the time you have been shown a warrant card and security guards are involved, it would be clear to anyone that it was real officers who weren't just trying to avoid a clamping charge and had duties to perform," he said.

At the start of the hearing, Mr Andrews pleaded guilty to a second charge of contravening the Private Security Industry Act because he did not display an appropriate licensing badge.

The trial continues.

I see the clown outfit on a daily basis in Gunwharf, hiding and hunting their prey, I can't wait for this industry to be outlawed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I don't appreciate the two-faced attitude of the police very much. They are always so adamant clampers are not doign anything illegal, and I can hardly see how one can obstruct the police if the 'obstructing' act is something one is entitled to be doing.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Michael Eames, MD of Shoal, seemingly always happy to promptly supply press comment on matters involving his company in the past remains remarkably silent following the conviction of his staff member. It would appear someone didn't get their account straight as his original press release on the day of the incident unequivocally stated that:

There were no officers in the vehicles at any time during the incident and our member of staff was correctly displaying his SIA licence.

Seems not. Mr Andrews pleaded guilty to that offence.

So lets get this right, two 'unmarked cars' parked in a clear place where they could be clamped.

So there was nothing to say the cars shouldnt be clamped, ie, being marked emergency cars, so what exactly did the clamper do wrong?

I have no sympathy for any of these parasites, but it seems to me that there is a definite whiff of double standards from the police actions here.

Ie, hang on were the police you cant clamp us!!

Yes I can and I have.

Right then you Piers Morgan youre nicked.

Well, thats my take on it anyway lol.

I thought that he was charged with "Obstruction", not "Clamping"

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!