MKDP & nationwide credit card debt Defective DN/TN?

Stagparty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not at this stage. Keep it simple. You are merely asking for copies of the relevant documents so you can establish whether they have a fair case and entitlement to the alleged debt (as is allowed, in fact encouraged, by the pre-action protocol procedure). Why do their work for them? They are the ones claiming you owe it. You are offering them a chance to properly state and prove their case without wasting the court’s time (that would be a good line to use – you could also say that you will bring this correspondence to the court’s attention if a claim is issued in the absence of a proper response from them).

In theory you could state that any alleged debt would remain unenforceable as there is an outstanding CCA request to be properly fulfilled, sent to Nationwide. But that might confuse the poor dears.

You never know, they might come up with totally different documents... now that would be interesting!

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again guys for this information.

When referring to the pre action protcol do i need to refer to any specific clause or paragraph number?

Should I enter MDKP as the payee on the postal order? Do I need to mark it "For CCA request purposes only" so they can't try applying it as a payment against the alleged debt, especially as it is getting close to being Statute Barred?

as post 61

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

8 threads merged on this debt for history

seems like it been going around in circles for years.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

stag

do you think their recent letter was a letter before claim, what does it say? sometimes the 'notice of intended legal action' is not as such but just a template threat collection letter. cld hold off on the cca request for now if so if bar is near, wld keep things ticking. seeing as you asked about that :)

IMO

:-):rant:

dx - you're right, this has been going on for years and i'll be eternally grateful for the help i've had and hopefully continue to get. Unfortunately my mental health leaves me very vulnerable at the moment :( I wasn't aware there had been so many different threads started, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience I've caused and accept my thanks for your help.

Ford - I have no idea, the letter is headed "Notice of Intended Legal Action", I've never had any correspondence from Keynes before so I just don't know - however I think I'm probably wise to take it as a genuine threat rather than ignore it - wouldn't you agree?

The CCA request has been sent to day and I've replied separately to Keynes.

I'll update once responses have been received.

Again, thanks to all who have helped and continue to do so - I couldn't get through this without you all!

the CCA request id enough

no need to write to Keynes they are the same people.

dx

and they

Ford - I have no idea, the letter is headed "Notice of Intended Legal Action", I've never had any correspondence from Keynes before so I just don't know - however I think I'm probably wise to take it as a genuine threat rather than ignore it - wouldn't you agree?

The CCA request has been sent to day and I've replied separately to Keynes.

I'll update once responses have been received.

no worries, was just wondering as sometimes the content of a letter shows whether it is actually a letter before claim or not. also, seeing as say have have no prior correspondence from them.

cca request done, see what they come back with. :)

IMO

:-):rant: