DN received

Izzy40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope someone can offer me a bit of advice. I have been making reduced payments to a few creditors for just over 2 years now, with those payments up to date. A few weeks ago I received a couple of letters from JohnLewis (HFC) requesting a review on my account. I wrote back advising that I was paying the most I could afford and that my circumstances are the same. The next letter from them requested an income / expenditure form, so I did this.

I then received a letter saying that if I did not contact them then they would raiseba DN and charge for it. I assumed that this may have crossed over the timescale of returning the income form so I just ignored it. I now have received the DN requesting the full balance by mid November or I will be sent a court summons.

I cannot understand this when I have done all that I've been asked to do and have maintained all of pro ratatouille payments. What do i do next? Thanks.

Is there any chance you can convert the letter to a pdf file and post if up for us to see.

I dont think you can be charged for a Default notice it is a statutory requirement prior to terminating the account.

Instructions for converting to pdf courtesy of dx100 are below.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

It is normal practice for companies to issue a default notice where a payment arrangement has been entered into and as long as you maintain the arrangement the company would be foolish to take any further action against you.

It could well be that they are intending to pass the account on to a Debt collection agency.. If they do, then come back and let us know.

Do NOT contact this company by telephone. From this point onwards you should keep all communication in writing, IMHO, their letter was purely designed to have you telephone them, at which point they would start to bully you into paying far more than you can afford.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, you could send a Subject Access request to the original creditor. It will cost you £10.00, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

There is a draft letter in the CAG library, linked at the top of each screen. You are entitled to see all Data in connection with your financial relationship with the company.

Any questions, just yell :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D