Capital One refused PPI refund

nightwalker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi . i have made a cliam for ppi using the questionaire from FOS .

I received a letter back from capital within two weeks -(bit quick) saying they have investigated my complaint and that

this is there final response ..they have said i agreed to ppi over a telephone call -which i dont remmeber

.they also send me the appt form with ppi box cleared ticked as NO..

What do i now .

Send a letter

take it to FOS

OR file at court .

doh! box not ticked!

typical first letter

i'd point that out to them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posts moved & new thread created.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi nightwalker

How old is the account? I would send them a SAR Request, with all the data they send you, see when the PPI was added, see if you contacted them during that period. I think they might be pulling a fast one. The more info you had the better, even if you said over the phone that you wanted PPI, they would have had to send you an agreement to sign to say that you wanted it. SAR Templates are in the library. It will cost £10, they have 40 days to respond.

hi

i already have the statments from when they started adding it from 2004 .

however, although i didnt ask or agree to it , i did claim on it a year later when i became unemployed.

NOT sure if thats make a differnace as should still have a 1000 pounds worthin charges .

i have looked on here for a suitable letter to send back to them but cant find one suitable .

When you send a SAR, they send a communications log, when you get this, you can check what you've said to them, infact you might never have had a conversation, the person might just of added it on. I think the issue is whether you've been mis-sold PPI, that is what needs to be established.

Amend this one:- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

Heres somemore info:- http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/factsheets/payment-protection-insurance.pdf

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

hi

however, although i didnt ask or agree to it , i did claim on it a year later when i became unemployed.

NOT sure if thats make a differnace as should still have a 1000 pounds worthin charges .

i have looked on here for a suitable letter to send back to them but cant find one suitable .

hi

If you have claimed on the insurance, all you do is deduct what they paid you from the amount you're claiming back.

The "Bought on the Phone" ploy is standard Cap1 practice (and its cr@p)

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are considering the court route then yes you can, but remember the interest is compounded.

You can use this spreadsheet to help you. Amend your details in the blue section and change the APR to the rate you want to claim. Then move to the white list section underneath the coloured bits and list each ppi payment giving the date, a description and the amount. The sheet will do the rest.

Please note that the sheet is protected in certain areas to prevent alteration to the formulae so if you get a protection message it means you are trying to change data in a protected cell. The "claim to" date is right up to today.

ims

CISheet.xls

Edited by ims21

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

its on ims21 post!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...