Non stop Harrassment from Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are seriously driving me mad now to the point where i have unplugged my house phone to stop them calling.

They are writing and texting now too!!

Basically in 20o4 my husband had an O2 contract mobile phone and after the contract ran out he went onto payg for the next 5 years. Last year Lowell started to write demanding payment of £461 for an unpaid bill.

I contacted O2 and was told they couldn't find any information relating to the account as it was over 6 years ago.

Firstly i wrote to Lowell telling them we owed nothing and to bugger off but the letter kept coming so i send a prove it letter but they failed to respond to that so i sent a follow up one and again they failed to respond to that too.

But in the meantime they keep sending the letters phoning everyday and now texting!!

After a while they then took to chasing me for the debt but in my name but for the same amount £461,i've never had a contract with O2 so the have no right doing this. I wrote to them again explaining i know of no such debt but they never respond only just send letters.

They have also put a default on both mine and my husbands CRF for the exact same amount. How the hell can they get away with this?

Please please help me

Thank you

Sharon

OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Then write to the Credit agencies that have allowed this incorrect data to be put on your file, inform them that if it isn't removed immediately then you will take legal advice with a view to taking legal action against themselves and the DCA that they have allowed to place this incorrect adverse data on you file, to court and you will sue them for defamation, which AFAIK stands at £1,000 per incorrect entry, and it goes up according to the level of suffering you have received because of it.

Email your local MP also, have them raise the issue of CRA's & DCA's being in each others pockets and allowing incorrect information being placed on peoples files with no checks put in place as to whether the info is either correct or legal.

I bloody well can't stand CRA's, woe be tied them ever placing incorrect data on my CRF, not that I could care less about credit or this Americanism adopted by the UK plc. I just want to deprive them of a nice four figure sum...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The situation here is that the CRA does

not have any control over the data a

creditor or a DCA supplies it is understood

that the creditor or debt collector will

provide information that is accurate and

up to date, the CRAs have no facility to

check the validity of data supplied.

The route for resolving matters like this

is:-

1, Access your file and place a dispute on the entry

with all 3 of the main CRAs.

2, A formal complaint to the Data Controller and

Compliance Manager of the company that has

placed the entry.

3,Copy the letter to the CRA, Data Controller and Compliance

Manager.

When you have exhausted this complaints procedure

you can the formally complain to the ICO. and OFT.