Help!!! Washing machine damaged by comet engineer

andycctv9999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

bought a hoover washing machine in may 2011 and the pump went.

called out comet engineer which took 2 weeks to get pump and fit it.

whilst doing the repair the engineer tipped water onto the main circuit board and destroyed it.

enginner left in writing that he would be back monday at the latest with a new board(repair day being friday)

monday came and went no repair

phoned customer service who said it will be 7 to 10 working days for part to arrive meaning as a family of 4 weve had no washing machine for 3 weeks and it looks like it may be 4+

all i get from the robots in call centre is that its "reasonable" for me to have to wait this long.

ive argued that its not reasonable and asked for a definition of how long is reasonable but they wont comment.

all i want is a new machine to save me a fortune in laundrette bills am i being un reasonable?

any advise would be great

bill them for your laundrette costs a nd any other expenses.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

bill them for your laundrette costs a nd any other expenses.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/

dx

Second that :) I did it with Argos, soon got their backsides moving !!! I ended up with replacment machine, and eventually a full refund (long story, search my name and "ive been argoosed" lol

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi andycctv9999,

thanks for alerting us on comet and their poor after sales customer care, i will not be buying anything from them after reading your post, if you get no joy, write a letter recorded delivery, and send it to the top, the chairman of the company, always gets results, come back and post again let us know how you get on. hope this helps totiesquoties.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

I am looking to spend £1000 on a new fridge, so am browsing these forums to find out about customer service.

Do I want to be without a fridge for a "comet reasonable time" if it goes wrong?

I guess I will keep looking for a company with good after sales service, even if they charge a little more.

UPDATE................

The parts are now in stock and they are sending an engineer to fit them on tuesday 11th.

no reply to email complaints,telephone complaints or letters just same rubbish about reasonable time.

all in all a shabby service.

went to currys for a new tumble dryer and they were really good with how they dealt with me and my purchase. they do an insurance called "whatever happens" for £2.50 month that covers for everything that may go wrong and it has no end so while you pay your premiums your covered so in theory you would never need to buy a new machine!!! after 3rd repair you get a new item so its a winner for me.

as far as im concerned comet ill never buy from them again and ill tell anybody who will listen what a shoddy service they provide.

I f i had the time or energy id start a facebook page dedicated to cometspoor customer service and cost em a few more customers as a thankyou for all the stress ive suffered!!

thanks to all on the forum i will certainly tell people what a valuable service you all provide.

Il post again after the"engineer" has been.

waste of money

that is in ADDITION to you statutory rights under sOGA

which covers it all anyhow. free!!

you got spoofed!

'bout time you did some reading!

dx

dx

and they

GOOD NEWS!!! engineer came today and installed new parts and it lives again. Also got a call from directors p.a after emailing bob darke at head office who was very apologetic for the way things have been handled,they are ringing tommorow to check repair is ok and discuss compensation for inconvenience.

It really helped going to the top as the robots in customer care just read from a script and hope you dont go any further....in fact they actually told me i couldnt take my complaint any higher on one call to them!!!

I will see what the next call from them brings and report back