police aid buy as you view to remove goods without a court order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think BAYV will try to play down your position here. They have essentially stolen from you, and used the police who should be protecting people against this sort of behaviour, not assisting in it! How is the complant to the police going? Before accepting a final solution from BAYV you may be aswell waiting for the outcome of your complaint against the police.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I have just finished reading 10 pages worth of posts, in which another poster was arrested whilst the police let a member of the public enter his home and steal goods. Now i'm a pretty intelligent person, but surely, what i've read CANNOT POSSIBLY have happend again? I don't know what to say OP, I will follow this thread, as I will the other and only pray that someone will have the book well and truly aimed at their heads.

As for all of the other caggers, I have been reading this site for a long time now, never usually venture into this part of the forum, but i'm glad I did, because it shows me that I can still have faith in the human race, to help another while they're down, and not to give up when it get's tough. I feel compelled to join, and help others with the aid of my own personal experiences.

Good luck op, and congratulations too..:-)

Hi, I used to work for BAYV (they own Dunraven finance) and I left because of the way they operate.

Firstly, once you've paid a third on any credit agreement, the company cannot take back the goods without a court order.

Secondly, if you don't invite them into your house, they cannot force entry without a court order.

Thirdly, it is not a police matter, it is a civil matter for the courts, unless there has been aggressive behaviour. Tell the police you know this, tell them it's a civil matter.

When I worked there, we were told to do anything necessary to get the goods back if someone had fallen behind with their payments. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LET THEM IN! We would ring the police and say they had been aggressive or threatening.

Every Monday morning we'd have a team talk and were told by one of the managers "if in doubt, rip it out" as in, if we were unsure of what to do if a customer was in arrears, take the goods... it was a joke to him, he used to love it when we'd ring him and our car was full of goods!

If you've paid a third and they've made you give the goods back, unless you've signed a consent form (or "term ticket - as in termination) then you can get the goods back off them and they have to take you to court, which they won't do.

• 1 month later...