Joint Mortage - Ex left UK!

harvey2103
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help with my query regarding my mortgage.

I purchased a property in October 2006 with my now ex partner. There was no deposit as it was a NR Together Mortgage. We seperated in Spetember 2008 due to it being an abusive relationship. As there was no equity in the the house and we were in debt with other creditors, we verbally agreed that he would transfer the deeds into my name if I paid off all the debt. (he had lost his job and would not have been able to afford to stay in the house)

However, despite continually saying he would contact a solicitor, he never did until earlier this year when I received a letter stating he wanted £5000. To which I sent a letter back, advising his solicitor of the situation (as he clearly hadnt), and claiming that £5000 was completely unreasonable to negative equity and the other debt.

I have heard nothing back since then and have now been advised by a family member he has left the UK with no intention of returning for the forseeable future. Where does this leave me? Do I just have to wait till he turns up 5/10/15 years down the line and demands half the house?

Also, I have recently contacted NR to request a payment holiday which I have done every xmas time since we split, but they have refused due to "disputes between parties" Are they allowed to do that despite giving me them previously?

i would be looking to rent out the flat in a few years down the line and move in with my current partner, but I cant seem to do anything until this is sorted.

Any help would be appreciated.