Bailiffs - the true horrors - The Exposure TV documentary - Rossendales - Comments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poacher turned Gamekeeper

It seems everyone's favourite bailiff, ex-Rossendales' "Boast", found an alternative outlet for his secrets to be told.

Read about his exploits since his parting from Green-Jones.

More insidious perhaps is the distateful haste with which FORMER head of a MoJ department, and of whom was supposedly co-ordinating the reaction of victims to the latest attempt to justifiy 'legal theft by Courts', Christine Sharples, jumped into the wallet of Rossendales, and the complete non-plussed attituded of her former employers.

From Westminster, through local councils, the whole system and lack of probity is almost 'Third World'.

• 3 months later...

I think it's important to be reminded from time to time, and not let the authorities forget, about this Rossendale's exposé.

So, I'm doing this by asking if anyone has any recollection of whether, in his supervisory role, the protagonist actually admitted on camera to either charging for "phantom visits" or encouraging the same?

To define "phantom visit", in this instance, I mean where the bailiff has charged for, but not attended, as opposed to stealthily delivering an attendance letter.

I vaguely remember an admission to this although underestimated; more emphasis was put on visiting at antisocial hours.

Anyone who remembers, is there a reference to which of the four part youtube videos it would feature?

Thanks

P.S. Don't want to trawl through the whole hour or so to find it, it's too depressing....

Edited by outlawla

Ok, this from the Sunday Times is a good start

Bailiffs inflate £1 fine to £160

....."Unlawful and excessive fees are rife. Most people do not understand the fees or how to complain and that is being utterly abused. I do not believe most of these charges could be justified in the courts," he said.

Boast's sworn statement to the Sunday Times alleging widespread malpractice reveals a system vulnerable to abuse from the outset. He said initial visits to debtor's homes – for which they are charged £24.50 if they owe council tax – were often carried out in the middle of the night and the door would not actually be knocked so additional charges could be levied......

Other charges, including those for fabricated, or "phantom" visits. "I have sat in a cafe with other bailiffs and they fill in paperwork with charges for second visits to homes which they have not done," Boast said. "When a householder does phone to pay a bill, they are charged the fees which would have been due if they had been pursued for several months."

Boast said that even when the charges were correct, it was sometimes unfair that the debtor was being pursued in the first place. He described how he pursued one debtor for Hounslow council in west London who owed £1 in council tax, but was charged court and bailiff fees of more than £160.....

Ok, this from the Sunday Times is a good start

Bailiffs inflate £1 fine to £160

Truly a vile creature

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!