Changing claim amount from Prelim to LBA

redsue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rob

you have exhausted the extent of my knowledge I am afraid

I'm quite happy to let Bankfodder and Dave deal with enforcing their rules as they see fit.

Personally, I am not too worried about banks monitoring the site - it is an irritation but it is inevitable that this will happen to a greater or lesser extent but, if we have all done our research and are sure of our facts then, we have nothing to worry about do we?

If the banks really want to do something about it they actually have to show up in court and disclose how their charges are made up .....

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Sarah, the ball is firmly in the banks court now to deal with this. Perhaps they are hoping they might get some help from the court system, what with some of the cases being referred to the mercantile court.

I'm sure there are some members who would prefer the banks not to have access here, but I don't have a problem with them snooping. Maybe the message will get back to them that people are fed up with their racketeering and they will actually change their ways. Well, I can live in hope:D :D

They only have to see the sheer volume of traffic and sharing of information that goes on here to know that they will not win.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

I've got absolutely no problem with the banks snooping on here - what is there to hide, after all.

The bottom line is that if the banks can be shown to be reading whats' here then it's just more ammo for us because they will have even less cause to say they didn't realise the charges were unlawful.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

isn't that good news! whoopee.. consumer action group is getting their attention. i wonder if bank employees get charged the way we do? toinks

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

isn't that good news! whoopee.. consumer action group is getting their attention. i wonder if bank employees get charged the way we do? toinks

I beleive they do - NWSM may be able to clarify further. A old friend of mine was a NWest manager and partof their contract was they conduct their accounts in a reasonable manner - ie unauthorised borrowing was a disciplinary matter - prob is stil lthe same.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

If you are a bank worker and you have a STAFF account you cannot have an overdraft. However, these days there are "staff" accounts and there are STAFF accounts, with overdrafts and charges if you have them. The only thing we do not get charged for is packaged accounts. So for NatWest that is Advantage Gold the "staff" account. As most of you guys know bank workers also are on this site as members as well.

Guest willowb

Bill you make me LMAO!!!!:D

I liked vampiress's comment about how Nationwide works out the interest, I've often wondered that myself:rolleyes:

Sue, did you opt to claim the authorised interest rate? if so, I'd say hang in there. And you did request it a the prelim stage? Have you found any other threads where people have won claiming contractual interest? you should read up on them and build your confidence. But then, I'm not you and only you know how much of all this you can take......but wouldn't it be worth it?;)

As for the Judge taking away what they have given you so far, I don't think so.....and the fact that they have refunded you would look like an admission of guilt away. I can see it now....Judge 'So, you don't think your charges are unlawful and disproportionate?' N'wide 'No, we believe them to be fair and transparent' Judge 'So, why did you refund the Claimant's charges plus interest?' N'wide 'Errrrrm....'

It's not gonna happen in my opinion but it's up to you honey.

Wxx

I know Willow, thats what I was thinking...

"As for the Judge taking away what they have given you so far, I don't think so.....and the fact that they have refunded you would look like an admission of guilt away. I can see it now....Judge 'So, you don't think your charges are unlawful and disproportionate?' N'wide 'No, we believe them to be fair and transparent' Judge 'So, why did you refund the Claimant's charges plus interest?' N'wide 'Errrrrm....'

I've got until the 7th Nov to make up my mind so I'm gonna read up and read up - I just need to find others in my same situation and see if anyone has won compounded at an unauthorised rate, will keep you posted ;-)

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Guest The Terminator
I've got absolutely no problem with the banks snooping on here - what is there to hide, after all.

The bottom line is that if the banks can be shown to be reading whats' here then it's just more ammo for us because they will have even less cause to say they didn't realise the charges were unlawful.

P.

When the MIB start acting like "peeping toms" doe's that not in itself constitute a criminal offence.Sorry I'll reprahse that "They are already criminals" or as a football manager commented "voyugers":grin:

Willow - I see you got caught clicking Glenn's scales once too often !! Made me laugh, your comment about getting a reputation !! :grin:

Tables are turning, now, aren't they ? Cryin' all the way to the bank, and laughing all the way home these days, aren't we ? :lol: - You just gotta !!

Redsue, FWIW, my little NatWest win was for contractual unauthorised rate, but I've just had a £600 full payout for another claim at unauthorised rate. Still smaller than yours, but they eventually paid in full without arguing.

As I believe Dolly said earlier, there are some big ones about, though.

I expect Willow's clicked a few of 'em, eh ? ;-) :lol:

Hold your nerve, gal. :)

Bill.

I know Willow, thats what I was thinking...

I've got until the 7th Nov to make up my mind so I'm gonna read up and read up - I just need to find others in my same situation and see if anyone has won compounded at an unauthorised rate, will keep you posted ;-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide-successes/20427-taylors-nationwide-second-time.html

This thread might help redsue.

I am almost in the same situation in that I am putting in a claim for just shy of 10k and I fully expect them to try to wriggle out of the unauthorised contractual rate. Fair enough - I will leave the claim open until they settle in full.

Guest willowb

I expect Willow's clicked a few of 'em, eh ? ;-) :lol:

:o bloody cheek!:mad: lol besides it's not the size of the claim that matters it's the way that you action them!:p

:rolleyes: hummmm

Wxx

:o bloody cheek!:mad: lol besides it's not the size of the claim that matters it's the way that you action them!:p

:rolleyes: hummmm

Wxx

FOMTL - Fell outta my tree laughing - Well put, Willow - true in every sense !! ;-)

...it's only when push comes to shove that we find out whether or not the claim has anything to do with reality !! :grin:

Look out - I think there's a Mod coming. Better be'ave ourselves !!

Guest willowb

Look out - I think there's a Mod coming. Better be'ave ourselves !!

Not possible:p

But sorry for hijacking! In the name of Bank Fodder, Dave and CAG moderators....Amen:)

Back to business;)

Wxx

Hi, just thought I ought confirm - yes I did claim (and get) unauthorised contractual rate @ 24.9%, but it was simple, not compounded.

I now have another claim going through at compounded unauthorised contractual rate, but don't really want to post too much in view of the fact the NW are watching me on this site!!

(Trust me to choose a really obvious username!!!)

But yes, they do seem to be paying simple unauthorised contractual, don't know yet about compounded. Will let you know!

ha ha, taylormandy - I mentioned the fact that I knew they had paid out 24.9% simple interest - and they denied it point blank - but then we've all discovered what porky pies they tell.

• 2 weeks later...

oh well, thought I'd give an update

28 days ran out today so I popped along to our court this morning to get hold of a copy of Nationwide's defence but the file is now sitting on the judges desk whilst he decides the next course of action. Nationwide did actually email us over a copy of the defence on two occasions but the word doc was empty!!??? Hopefully the same as their defence - ha ha. So I'll just have to wait and see what happens next...

I wouldn't be surprised to find that there IS no defence filed. They might have even e-mailed you the "dummy" defence to make you think there was !! Wouldn't put it past 'em.

However, if there actually IS a defence, then their empty Word file suggests that it is about as organised as a celebration in a distillery !!

The waiting's the hardest part, and don't they know it !!!

Sods.

The funny thing was I emailed them to point out that the file was empty so they resent the exact same file.

When I checked with the court they said a defence had been filed and I'd need to speak to Nationwide to gain a copy.

So I called the lovely Sam Phipps and she said she would arrange for another copy to be emailed and sent snail mail.

Lets hope its not been written in invisible ink eh!

just a thought has ANYONE else got to this stage with them? :confused: or is it just me? my mum always told me I was special :lol:

it sure is.... they paid up 7.75% contractual but have told me in a phone call that I'm not 'entitled' to the rest - and thats where things get interesting...

Rang NW yesterday to ask them for a copy of their defence and they said no go and get one of the court - mean sods....

FWIW Redsue, I think if they really had a defence, they would have been only too pleased to shove it under your nose, in the hope that the long-winded legalese arguments would make you throw in the towel and back out before they had to try and use it in Court. As they haven't, then their only chance is to make you THINK they have.

I guess it's just down to finding out from the Court ASAP exactly what puny excuse they have actually lodged.

HTH, matey.

Bill.