Comet Complaint

Dadford
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just emailed the MD regarding a TV taken back to store under warranty. It has been a month and a day and they say they have no ETA on the parts, but as they couldn't find the job sheet I don't have any faith they will repair it even if they find it. I don't want it back.

Usually in need of some help

:roll:

Now it has it's own thread, I'll add the background.

I returned a 14” LCD TV to Comet Merry Hill on the 25th August with a fault. It was Within the warranty.

They said they would not replace but repair and it would be sent away for this. I was told it would take approximately 2 weeks. The date I was given was 7th September.

On the 5th I was contacted and told the parts had not arrived and it would be a further 2 weeks with a new date of the 15th September.

On the 13th I was once again contacted and told the parts had not arrived and a new date of 24th September was given.

This time I was not contacted prior to this date so expected the TV to have been repaired. I went to the store on the 24th, and was told they didn’t have my TV and would not have a delivery that day. They couldn’t even find the job sheet and had to copy my copy.

Today I was called to say no eta could be given on the parts.

I had previously written to them and spoke to the head office requesting either a replacement unit of full refund. They will not do this. I do not have any faith the TV will actually be repaired even if they can find it.

I’m not being unreasonable after 1month, many broken promises and being made a fool of going into the store to be told it wasn’t there because no one had the courtesy to contact me.

Had a call from Comet to say I can have exchange to the same value. Now, with the VAT increase it may be there isn't one of the same value.

Should I be expected to add money to it? Plus, how about the journey i had to make to the store when they didn't call to let me know the TV wasn't there?

I have had a response to the email to the MD, just saying they are looking into it and it could take 3 days. I may wait for this before going to store and seeing what replacement I can get.

They really don't know what they are doing. On the same day as they call and give me a code to take in store and collect a tv, they call and say will a sunday delivery be ok for the tv they have decided to give as the replacement. I'm in 2 minds as to take both!! Anyway, they did deliver one, on Sunday. The driver called me as promised to say they are about an hour away, at 1:50pm. 4.50pm they turn up. No delivery note, and box open. I accepted the item, and it works, but think i need to get a delivery note/warranty date sorted.

Hi Dad

That sounds like a good idea, it stops all the messing around if you get further problems, 'but think i need to get a delivery note/warranty date sorted'.

• 1 month later...

They are so stupid aren't they.

I have been contacted twice by them now asking why I haven't returned the old TV and when will I do so. This, the TV they took from me in store and never returned.

Can anyone help them?

Hi Dad

Basically theirs no ownership of the problem, it's finding someone in the organisation to take responsibility, this has been going on for sometime. Another letter to the CEO asking him whats going on, as his Customer Service don't seem to know.

• 5 months later...