Comet Complaint ************Resolved***** *********

Brendan121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I bought a TV from comet in December and around a month ago the remote stopped working. I phoned up and they sent out an engineer who told me that a new remote would be with us soon. That was over 2 weeks ago. I feel like I am not getting what I paid for for over a month now. I phoned up the shop where I bought it from and told the guy if I do not have the remote within 7 days I will be brining the tv into the shop and getting a refund and he laughed at me and told me that was out of the question and there was nothing he could do and I needed to phone the workshop up again :(

I paid a lot of money for this tv a LOT can someone please tell me where I stand with comet?

Hi bren

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain whats happened regarding the remote, as much detail as possible, tell them what you want them to do. You could add the following sentence, 'I am sorry that I have to contact you to resolve a matter such as a handset, but you have to wonder what your Customer Service Department actually does, maybe they would welcome your intervention.'

Send it to :-

Bob Darke, Managing Director

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

Thank you for your reply I will email Bob Darke once I can put together the words.

I just received this from the comet customer service thing

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Response (Andrew Kingston) 23/09/2011

Dear Mrs Bryson,

Thank you for your e-mail

Please accept my apologies for the delay in you receiving your replacement remote control. After speaking to our service team they have advised that unfortunately it can take up to 6 weeks for these remote controls to arrive as the manufacturer is locate in Japan. The agent I spoke to advised that she will chase this for you.

I apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

Andrew Kingston

Comet Customer Services

6 weeks I need to wait :(

sponse (xxxxxxx) 24/09/2011

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail

I apologise for the delay in you receiving your replacement remote control, I assure you we are doing our utmost to get this to you as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the remote control is considered to be an accessory item and therefore is not covered by the manufacturers guarantee, therefore, a replacement TV cannot be issued.

Having discussed this matter with xxxxxxx, the manager of our Glasgow Forge store, we have looked into the possibility of providing a remote control for your model of TV from a display TV but unfortunately your model is no longer stocked in our stores so this is not possible. However, we have identified a suitable universal remote control which is compatible with JVC TV's, xxxxxx is happy to provide you with this remote control whilst you wait for the replacement to arrive.

Please advise by return email if this would be satisfactory compromise and I can duly inform xxxxxx of this information.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me using the Ask a Question facility on the website

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comet Customer Services

They have now lied saying that

the remote control is considered to be an accessory item and therefore is not covered by the manufacturers guarantee, therefore, a replacement TV cannot be issued.

sponse (xxxxxxxxx) 24/09/2011

the remote control is considered to be an accessory item and therefore is not covered by the manufacturers guarantee, therefore, a replacement TV cannot be issued.

not quite an accessory item if you need the remote to access features that can not be used without it.

they are trying. but i would ask them for something because of the hassle this has caused.

depending of the value. i would look for something around 10% of the value. so if you paid £450 that £45 DVD player looks nice.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

I have told them that a universal remote would be acceptable and should have been the first thing that they should have offered me instead of this run around but as a customer I feel let down as the item was not fulfilling its main purpose and I asked for a replacement or a refund and they told me no. If at first they would have offered me a universal remote that would have been fien but they did not offer me that and told me I had to wait 6 weeks for a replacement and 6 weeks is unacceptable and that is why I asked for a replacement or a refund and they told me no and thats not right I dont think.

I would accept the Universal Handset, when you go to collect the handset get the person to see what they can do in the way of compensation, the phones calls, etc. Get them to ring Head Office to authorise.

• Confused 1

I would like to personally thank member rebel11 for his advice and to let you all know I am getting a new tv with a new garantee for all the inconvenience and the, saying the remote was not covered under the guarantee. They wrote my mum a letter and everything :)

rebel11 you are a gentleman and I hope you much luck with life. Also I really like the links in your signature, the world needs more helpful people like you.

• 1 month later...