An Analogy

Guy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ust to try to put bank charges into a normal business scenario:

I own and run a pizza takeaway. I dont give credit but say i did and say this occurs:

I have a customer who always has a 14" pizza costing £10 every friday. He collects this but it is paid for by his mother who deposits £10 with me every thursday.

This thursday she forgets

He has his pizza

I can a) Give him his pizza, send his mothr a letter saying that she didnt have funds so i am charging her £30 for the credit plus 5% and i still want my £10

b) i can refuse to give him his pizza, send his mother a letter saying that she didnt have the funds and i am now charging her £38 for not giving her son the pizza.

What if in scenario a - she auto deposits the £10 and doesnt realise that she missed a payment and doesnt read my letter. She owes me £40 (plus interest) next week gives me £10 reducing the debt to £30 (lets forget the interest im making a fortune now) son has his pizza (i let him have it and told the staf not to even think about it just do it automatically) send a new letter saying didint have enough funds another £30 plus the £10. She doesnt read the letter .......

What if in scenario b - i refuse his pizza on the Friday and send the letter for £38 but he comes back on Monday, i still refuse to give him a pizza and send another letter for £38 on weds he comes in again but this time my manager lets him have the pizza - i send a new letter saying i did allow so need £30 plus teh £10 in one week ive made £116 (plus interest)

Shit - im going to offer credit to all my customers i need never make a pizza again

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

LOL! Thats a really good way of doing it. What is even worse is you mention sending letters for essentially what are unpaid referral fees and unnarranged borrowing fees. My bank Natwest doesn't even send out letters for this!

Ex CAG helper ^_^

No wonder they don't want to go to court, what an excellent business plan they have.

I was having doubts about what i was doing, and whilst your post is tongue in cheek, it brings it home just how outrageous the banks actions are.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks