"Webcam Bait" - browser or CAG hijack?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just logged into Cag, control panel, viewed a thread (CPUTR 2008 Questions) hit backspace...wouldn't go back, stayed on same page. Clicked arrow next to back button and in the page list between the thread and the settings was a page called "Webcam Bait ll Free pictures".

Didn't click it of course, just tried to reproduce it going same route on another tab, but all OK.

All I was doing before clicking CAG in favourites bar in same browser (IE8 on XP) was looking for a duvet cover set! :roll:

Any ideas how it could have got there? Is it me or Cag?

Elsa x

Edit: Just done some Googling : http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f62/possible-soft-po**-links-801124/

Faulty Google adsense possible explanation?

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

Hi guys,

Just logged into Cag, control panel, viewed a thread (CPUTR 2008 Questions) hit backspace...wouldn't go back, stayed on same page. Clicked arrow next to back button and in the page list between the thread and the settings was a page called "Webcam Bait ll Free pictures".

Didn't click it of course, just tried to reproduce it going same route on another tab, but all OK.

All I was doing before clicking CAG in favourites bar in same browser (IE8 on XP) was looking for a duvet cover set! :roll:

Any ideas how it could have got there? Is it me or Cag?

Elsa x

Edit: Just done some Googling : http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f62/possible-soft-po**-links-801124/

Faulty Google adsense possible explanation?

Yeah, I just found the same... Can this be reported to webby to see if he can fix it?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Rebel, I'm fine thanks :wink: just sent an alert for webbie.

Not just me then Locutus!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30039[/ATTACH]

I was beginning to wonder if my OH had been naughty, LOL

Just because this is an advert hijack doesn't mean your OH has not been naughty! :p (slap him anyway, just in case)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Censured, you can't go encourage that kind of behaviour, not in 2011:wink:

Just because this is an advert hijack doesn't mean your OH has not been naughty! :p (slap him anyway, just in case)

Isn't it against the Cag Protection from Urging Thrashing Regulations 2008???

:lol:

not if he enjoys it :wink:

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi :-)

The thread links seem to vary...it happens after I first log onto settings...go to whatever is the first unread subscribed thread, then if I backspace to settings an extra link has been inserted (which must be a popup as my browser blocks it).

This morning the popup url was originally the webcam bait one but then resolved to: alltagcloud.info/icons/index

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

Don't forget you would of logged on to CAG site on both computers. So delete 'cookies', delete 'history', run security software, you know what to do.

The best thing to do is get him to note them all in 'notepad', then set up a security password, so he only has to remember the one password. The other day

I was trying to get into my account, I used it the previous day, I thought I'd typed in the correct User name, it said account closed, I rang up, apparently I was

using some elses user name. I'm still trying to work it out.:???:

Morning Rebel :wink:

It's happening on different computers though...both my pc and laptop. I'll delete cookies for this site and see if it helps (otherwise my oh will freak cos he can't remember his passwords for his facebook etc, LOL)

Done all that..still happening occasionally. Just when going from settings to a subscribed thread, in this instance just now:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?315968-Halifax-Credit-Card-amp-withdrawn-overdraft-debts-help!

My OH is a total technophobe Rebel...I'm expected to remember all his passwords for him! :lol: