Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have been successful in your claim with Nationwide but the thread title doesn't show **WON** or **SETTLED** can you please send a private message to one of the mods to change the title and put it in the successes sub-forum.

This will give other users an at-a-glance guide to other cases that have been won and may just give them that extra little bit of confidence needed to pursue Nationwide themselves.

If you can't PM a mod for whatever reason then just reply to this thread.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,I'm new to this site and have been experiencing ridiculous charges by the Nationwide.

How do I start to claim these back??

I know a few people who have used this site with great success,and i would like to be one of them! LOL!

Hello to everone and thanks in advance.

Allan

Hi.

The first thing you need to do is read the FAQ's.

I realise the site is very large and can be difficult to negotiate around, but there is a thread entitled "welcome to the forum".

You should find links there to the FAQs and the step by step guide.

You need to be very sure you understand the processes, then start your claim.

Also, start a thread in the main Nationwide forum, rather than here, in the success.

We will try to help if we can.

• 1 month later...

hi & welcome

i am reasonably new too. i have found everyone here so helpful.

first of all check out the FAQs, read around the site and you will first find it a bit confusing but the more you do the easier it gets. once you are ready to make the first step look at the templates, there you will find all you need in you quest!!! to reclaim what is rightfully yours!!

everyone will help you and reassure you....

remember

knowledge is power - this site will give you both!!

good luck keep us posted

if this is sound advice please add to my reputation by clicking on middle icon, bottom left. thank you

Thank You For Helping Me, I Really Appreciate It. Rest Assured I Will Click On Your Scales

:)

If I have been of any help to you, please add to my reputation points by clicking the middle icon, at the bottom left. Thank You

Get wots 'rightfully yours' the CAG way: friendly & approachable - tried & tested - step by step - Great Results!

My Final Word,

Any advice is given in my opinion only, i have no legal knowledge whatsoever, only knowledge & experience gained from CAG.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive won my claim for just over £2000, got paid today! woohoo!

Me Vs nationwide (amarsden)

aimee.

:D Nationwide successful claim = £2010

:roll: Received S.A.R for Barclaycard 18.05.07 - Sent Prelim 29.05.07

:rolleyes: Sent off S.A.R request for Capital one 15.05.07

:rolleyes:Sent off S.A.R request for Alliance & Leics 15.05.07

• 2 weeks later...

My claim was settled in full on 1st March but the Mod I PM'd seems to be AWOL. Could you please move my thread?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/55700-kelly101-nationwide.html

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

I have requested that Nationwide refund my charges amounting to £650 but they have rejected this in a letter stating that they feel that their charges are fair etc etc.

As I have their rejection in writing does this stop me from submitting a claim via MCOL?

Many thanks

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

i have made a claim against nationwide after many letters, they wernt giving in to me so i used the moneyclaim online also. they say that they will defend the claim but they havnt so far and only have 2 more days left to do so. so io think ill be getting my money back

Is that wise?

Think before you do this.

As they account will be in negative territory yiu will incur charges against the balance in question so will you not just end up in the same position as before?

I can understand why you want to do this but just take a moment before you commit yourself.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• 2 weeks later...

WON....

Received my AQ on Tuesday, filling it out today (Friday) and then the postman turned up with a cheque for the full amount. Nationwide sent a letter with the normal denials, but who cares.

hang in there, they will relent once they have played their waiting game.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This is my first post. Hello everyone.

Just to let you know I've been claiming unfair charges against Nationwide. I had 2 accounts (1 active and 1 now closed). Total charges £3300 for both accounts and have got as filing court papers. Nationwide have refunded all charges on my open account plus interest and court fees but have refused to refund on the closed account. I have been asked whether to agree to the payment or whether to continue with court action to reclaim the rest

Anyone have any advice?

Hi all,

I've just received a letter from Nationwide today saying they will refund all charges, £272.90.

This all started when they messed up my DDs making me overdrawn and then charging me for being overdrawn. If you try to phone them, they rarely answer. When I wrote to complain they sent a snooty reply, more or less, telling me that they know best and there's nothing I can do about the charges. Grrrrrr!

Even after I threatened court action (thanks to MSE templates) they still insisted that they were 100% right. Once they received the court summons they folded straight away. The cowards! I was looking forward to a war.

They haven't even threatened to close the account. Ah bless, is there no end to their generosity?

For me, it wasn't really about the money, it was the injustice. The sun is shining and I'm still smiling.

WON TODAY!!!!

I’ve just checked my account tonight 23.00hrs and Nationwide have paid into my account the amounts of £999.99

+ £999.99

+ £999.99

+ £999.99

+ £939.54

+ £298.97 (I think these are my court fees)

+ £999.00

Grand Total £6237.47 this is the correct amount plus cost and interest that I claimed.

So far though I have had no correspondence from Nationwide or their solicitors regarding, my claim against them. I don’t know what Nationwide`s intentions might be now whether I will have to close my account with remains to be seen, what I have done is more or less closed the account myself, with all my wages being now paid into another account with the Halifax, and with some of the money that was paid into my account tonight paid off my overdraft.

Now I take it is my responsibility to inform MCOL (Northampton County Court) that is my next point of call tonight.

I feel I must thank everyone connected with CAG without you guys, and all the people in the Nationwide forum, I don’t think my claim would have got of the ground!

And although I did not subscribe many posts I read many!

Once again Thank-You

Hi claimed £1138.82 including interest and court charges, was paid full amount in two separate installments as a "correction" and "cash credit"....plus an extra £119.00!! NW put a defence in on day 28 of MCOL and paid an hour later!

This forum is absolutely the best and I still can't believe it works!

Don't give up, stick in there despite snotty letters etc and you will win.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi....Claim settled 30th May in full, 3 separate corrections in account. Filed claim on 1st May, deemed served on 4th, and settled on 30th, 26 days later. Letter arrived on 4th June from court,enclosing their defence(Being that they had paid up!), and AQ,although I'd already phoned, and written to court that settlement had been made!

Money started going into account on 8 June - 2 payments, then 9 June - 9 payments -

:-o :-o totalling £9884.13 :D :D

Not heard anything from court or Nationwide.

Luckily decided to try to gain access to account we thought was closed - went into branch.

Need to wait till tomorrow for it to be reactivated and then we can get to the money.

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND ESPECIALLY TO THIS SITE FOR ITS INVALUABLE INFORMATION.

Donation on its way!!!

Won!

Claim settled in full today (on final day that they could submit a defence). £1351 in two separate payments.

Am absolutely delighted.

Thanks for all the advice.

Newbee

Hi All

3 payments of £999.99 plus then the remaining amount and a return of all the charges for many and june recieved yesterday afternoon :D :D yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank everyone on here for all their advice and support and for those still unsure (and i was one of them!!!!!) about what they are doing then all the successful claims on here chould be proof enough that you are doing the right thing and those who are still in the process of claiming and it seems to be taking forever, just keep patient you will win and the money is coming your way.

Thanks again

Marce xx

• 2 weeks later...

Yeeha!!!!!

NW court date 02/07/07 Monday coming.

Just checked my account!:)

£999.0:)

£999.0:)

£59.79:)

=£2057.79

Claimed for £3143.00 so still waiting for £1085.21:evil:

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!:)