Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First post (and probably last) from a long time lurker who was given the courage to ask for a charge refund after reading all the posts here. Letter asking for refund went in on 12th July, reply on 17th July offering full refund of all charges for the last six years - around £850. Many thanks to all here - and for anyone who was in my position and is wondering whether to go for it - I STRONGLY recommend you do.

~WoollyDog

• 4 weeks later...

Another long term lurker here and another FD success story!!

Started my claim for £4000+ nearly six months ago and 3 days before the court date, FD paid up!

So those with claims ongoing don't lose faith - keep persevering.

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I have been regularly paying £175.00 a month to HSBC by going overdraft. I have been told today that there is a website helping people to claim money back and here I am.

Would you be able to help me at all?

I am an easy target to my bank - I am not English and never once complained about the overdraft charges.

Have I got any chance to claim the money back from my bank even if I went overdraft quite often?

Please help, I am on my own in this country (no family other than my husband who does not speak English) so your help will be much appreciated!

Madlain

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if any recent claims have been successful? I have worked out that FD owe me nearly £700 since 2007 - havent got statements for 2005 & 2006 so probably double that. I am considering starting a claim but worried they will close my Account.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I have managed to get a refund of £225.00 against what I considered to be unfair charges. I advised FD that I considered a £25 charge for anything over £20 was disproportionate. In 2 cases a £25 charge was levied against a debit of £0.96 and of £1.52. Anyway the long and short of it was FD as a gesture of good will are refund me my last 4 months worth of charges and I can take it as a refund on these charges if thats the way I want to look at it. However FD are not willing to view this on a refund for charges dating back years and they will argue this case strongly.

On another note FD have recently changed the way they charge un-autherised overdrafts, now if you go over your limit by less then £10.00 then you should not get charged. In my argument with FD I pointed out that there must have been a reason for this change, be it customer complaints or maybe even direction from the FSO. Whatever it was that made them change their charging mandate I think will now give all of us a strong argument in trying to reclaim charges for debits of less than £10.00.