hsbc gold card and power of attorney !! need help

oggy1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi back on the system after a few years and need some help.

me and my partner hold a power of attorney for a friend in trouble in France and while dealing with his hsbc gold card we have run into some trouble.

the whole story is as follows:

he had approx £3000 on his gold card in april 2010 and under the power of attorney we tried to use the money in his account to settle.

HSBC informed us they would need to see the power of attorney and we would have to go into the bank which we did and they logged the information on the accounts.

using his own money i wrote to the hsbc with details to settle his personal loan , settle his bank account to zero but keep it open and settle the gold card and close it.

after a phone call from HSBC to ourselves they suggested that it wouldnt be nescessary to close the account but leave it open with no balance for when he arrived back in the uk. we agreed with this and thought it was a good idea, and then our troubles began.

there were some 3rd party payments that go out monthly which they carried on paying without our knowledge and when we tried to get the information they refused to talk talk to us and refused to acknowledge any power of attorney existed.

they have paid out numerous payments and added lots of charges and now the balance has reached approx £500. which my partner paid £100 off to prevent the hassle with phone calls and written demands which have been very stressfull to her.

they have even called her place of work and her mobile and home at least 10 times a day , which has left her in a terrible state - i came home2 weeks ago to find her crying on the sofa after yet another call

I have sent a demand to hsbc detailing the facts demanding repayments and compensation under the Harrsament Act .

can anyone give any advice to my next step to close this and reclaim the money and costs.

thanks for any help