Credit Agencies - 6 Years on file

Brit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story Short, got turned down for a loan and Harrington Brooks contacted me saying "new government legislation" saying to help debt ladened people over £15,000 could get debt frozen and pay off interest free, basically they got my credit cards defaulted and now Im screwed.

As of last month I am clear of all debt, but I still have 3 Defaults on my credit file, 1 of which was sold to Cabot and they recorded the default too ie. 1 + 1 = 3.

Now looking at my contract to one of the credit cards in the "data protection act notice" it says that they can share info with credit agencies (equifax, experian, callcredit).

My questions are if my contract has been terminated (monies owed paid off) then why is my credit information still with a third party organization ?

Where in UK law does it state that they are allowed to hold this information for 6 years ?

Ive looked through the Limitations Act 1980, and not seen anything, where in UK law does it state the CRA can hold information that is defamatory to me on record ?

i dont quite understand you post

but it will stay on your credit file regarding the history of how you manged it for 6yrs from the date your cleared the debt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i dont quite understand you post

but it will stay on your credit file regarding the history of how you manged it for 6yrs from the date your cleared the debt

dx

Where in UK Law does it state that a 3rd Party outside of a contract can hold information on my credit history for a set amount of time (6 years), my contract with my creditors has been terminated so want right does the 3rd party have to hold my data protection information for this period of time ?

...if so does that mean I can hold a publish your own credit history and call myself a credit agency ?

Most if not all contracts have a clause which you agree to stating that the creditor will share the information with third parties and credit reference agencies..

...if so does that mean I can hold a publish your own credit history and call myself a credit agency ?
if you can get a license from the ICO.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT