Did not put receiver back on phone properly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if the receiver is not put back on the phone properly does it mean that you are still talking and be charged for it. The person that my grandma was speaking to did hang up her phoen and she was not charge extra for it unlike my grand she was chanrge 10 hrs talking time. :madgrin:

If your grandma initiated the call (she dialed her friend) then the call can only terminate by her hanging the phone up unfortunately.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

That seems crazy to me that your gran was charged. Thats happened to me a few times and i wasnt charged. the other lady disconnected the call on her side so that should have been the end of it. right enough i hadnt the phone of the hook for ten hours. did the phone not alarm when this happened? seems a bit mean to charge when this was obviously a genuine mistake.:-o

If you call someones landline from your landline, get them to hang up and then pick up again 2 minutes later, providing you don't hang up you're still connected and you can carry on the conversation. As you're still able to carry on the conversation, and the phones are both still connected to each other, in the phone providers eyes the call is ongoing.

The mistake was your grandma's unfortunately and there is now "absolute right" for the provider to waive the call charges for this call, however if your grandma talks to them (or if you send a letter to the phone provider on your grandma's behalf explaining that this is a genuine mistake) maybe they will find some goodwill and sort this out? If not you could always shop around for a cheaper provider. I can almost guarantee whoever the current provider is, if your grandma tries to cancel they'll offer lots to try to keep her custom

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar