interview under caution for dla

jack100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a letter today about mine and my hubby dla to say we need to attend interview under caution. We had bother over a couple up the road and i was a witness today at court about it. My hubby is only out of hospitial and the stress is killing him. My gp gave me diazapam today and i take temazapam at night to which is due to long tear illness. I am so upset i cant think or write so sorry if this makes no sence. I was awared this for life and find it strange this has happened after the bother we had. I dont no what to do and the stress is making me and hubby so sick with nerves its unreal. I have a catherter which has been in for 13 years and loads of other health problems. The interview is for thursday and i think i will just die. Any help will be great

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Thread moved to the correct forum.

I think between now and Thursday, you should gather evidence which basically states what needs he has. Collect information from his GP and (not the diagnosis - this doesn't really matter) anyone he sees - such as carers, etc.

If you've been honest in declaring all your circumstances you have nothing at all to worry about. Many people make malicious and unfounded allegations and your interviewer will be well aware of that (although he/she still has to investigate the matter).

However, the fact that the interview is being held "under caution" usually suggests (rightly or wrongly) that they think they have some concrete evidence against you.

If you can afford to engage a solicitor who understands benefit law, he/she can discover exactly what the evidence against you is before you go to the interview.

Don't go the CAB on Monday. It's a bank holiday. :-)

Normally at those types of interview, they will disclose the evidence against you as you go along with answering their questions. They may half way through ask you to watch a video taken of you. Then answer questions on what you saw.

Sometimes as the interview is underway, they may bring out photographs on which you will be questioned.