The Work Programme

wishface
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What happens if you feel so bloody stressed you just can't handle all this being told what to do and where to go and made to do all this nonsense? Sanction, i suppose.

if there is problems with health,its more then minor or trivial and lasts over twelve months your covered by the equality act as a protected characteristic.any attempt to sanction without considering this will fail on appeal.

Noone that is classed as disabled is being found unfit for work, regardless. There is no attempt made to accomodate people's needs or problems. This is what concerns me most about the Work Programme. My experience with similar schemes tells me that nothing ever changes with the DWP. People will be forced into group sessions, which I really can't deal with, for 'inductions' or 'workshops' or whatever other nonsense these privateers dream up to make more money. When I was on ESA I made the effort to contact back to work groups on my own and was able to be seen by them in ways that were suitable to me. They weren't able to help (partly due to funding constrants that have only gotten worse so that these WP privateers are the only ones able to get funding), but at least i was able to meet with them in mutually acceptable conditions at times of my choosing, one to one. The WP won't be like that.

That's assuming they accept the conditions as more than minor/trivial.

Becuase of course if they were I wouldn't have failed the ATOS medical, now would I! ;)

the problem atos faces is no one has had their condition properly evaluated,thats why they are facing a crisis in credibility. unfortunately you do have to fight in the appeals system this may need further evidence from your gp but reading the appeals chances are higher with representation.

i am not saying you are disabled obviously i dont know,but those that are there is laws to protect them.

its the disclosure of personal information,i had a heated discussion about this at the job centre and refused to sign anything.according to the advisor they didn't need consent as this was already given when the claim was made.i didnt see anything or remember of anything of the such.i suspect i was at best misinformed.there was a very quick gloss over about this also from their part.

certainly a4e's sheets of paper have my national insurance number at the top i didnt give them that so it must have come from the dwp,this is highly sensitive personal information.

theres more here

http://www.refusewp.com/refuse-work-programme/refuse-work-programme-part-1-followup.html

I've been to these 'refuse' sites, but I'm not convinced. Not because I'm against them - far from it. I just cannot see these letters and the whole refusal on the basis the 'work programme' isn't counted as a proper employment scheme. That seems like a very trivial technicality that, in this right wing anti-#scrounger' era, will get you precisely nowhere. Good luck to anyone trying this, but it's far more likely the JC will just sanction you and you will have to pay a hell of a cost and fight hard to remove it.

I'm also not sure what they are trying to argue; as I said it just sounds like a technicality. Unfortunately I find these sites not particularly laid out well, and for people like me this info needs to be made as clear and direct as possible, and the authors need to know the law 110% because if they don't claimants are going to get annihilated.

I'm not trying to be negative, but the reality is harsh.

I would very much like to have a discussion about this because if there's a legal way to extricate myself from this preocess -whenever it happens - I want to know. The last time I was sent to such a place I couldn't cope. I ended up getting an assessment at the local community mental health team and signed off. I've said to my GP ever since that having to go through all that sort of crap again will do me no favours. Sadly GP's don't understand the welfare experience and the system doesn't care for your health - especially if ATOS declare you fit.

hhhmmm, I'm not so sure it can be classed as illegal, as the policy had been passed by central Government and the Huses of Parliament. A similar argument about disclosure of personal information being shared could then affect the sharing of information between the DWP, HMRC the Disability and Carers Service, and Councils to think of a few. I applaud you for finding the information and sharimg it , from a personal point of view I do not want the work programme to be successful (it will do me out of a job in the long run!) but to actively encourage someone to refuse to take part and leave them open to a potential 2, 4 and then 26 week sanction could seen as irresponsible at the moment imho.

For every person who doesn't benefit from these type of programme people also forget that there are people who do benefit.

it goes a long way to explaining what's happening at least locally regarding the chaos,the pressure being passed down to two staff one is off sick a lot.

the job centre forwarding people in droves,no staff at the provider and a weak labour market is quickly taking its toll.price waterhouse pulled out of the work programme as it was called not viable.that raises more questions why the government pursued such a course, the danger now is tax payers money will continue to be ploughed in much like new deal,public statements made that all is well and five years down the road its an acknowledged failure.

http://opinion.publicfinance.co.uk/2011/08/will-the-work-programme-work/

Hi All,

I have been on JSA for a year now looking for work, however some physical symptoms that developed such as IBS constant flare up's, (great on the bus) depression, panic attacks, anxiety, sweating, shaking and more have caused me immense problems which I now have to soon see a psychiatrist and support workers etc.

I am almost acrophobic because I get brain fog, step out in front of cars without realizing I am in the road etc., it’s becoming more difficult to search for work but I do still complete what is required of me but now am absolutely terrified because of the new work program.

I attended the program as I have to with the best coping strategies I could muster on the day and wrote down everything discussed at the interview as a precaution as I have heard so many bad things about them.

It was obvious despite my professional background he wanted to try and make me accept anything. To be honest in a normal world for me where I have strength and presence of mind I would simply accept the status quo and go along with almost anything until I could get back into paid work. This is only the second time in my life I have been unemployed.

Now I am terrified on a daily basis having nightmares about going out, not coping, being somewhere a long time and needing the loo etc., a brief discussion with my doctor regards all this going on and he stated he would be prepared to provide me with a sick note whilst I receive my treatments and therapy etc. but looking at what people are saying on these matters and the stress it is causing everyone I am afraid to go this route too as if my money gets stopped I will have no food and nowhere to live if my miniscule benefits are stopped.

I feel so stuck in the middle not really knowing which course to take and its making me even more ill with the worry of it all.

Regards

bb

it goes a long way to explaining what's happening at least locally regarding the chaos,the pressure being passed down to two staff one is off sick a lot.

the job centre forwarding people in droves,no staff at the provider and a weak labour market is quickly taking its toll.price waterhouse pulled out of the work programme as it was called not viable.that raises more questions why the government pursued such a course, the danger now is tax payers money will continue to be ploughed in much like new deal,public statements made that all is well and five years down the road its an acknowledged failure.

http://opinion.publicfinance.co.uk/2011/08/will-the-work-programme-work/

I sense another Uturn coming on.

Had my 1st appointment today and didn't sign any of the forms they offered me.

The guy took it really well and kept the copy of my letter and also marked me down as attended.

Really think he was worried over the data protection on the page 2 of the letter to provider regarding

£1000 fine.

All in all it went fine, He tried to get me off the record for some details and I most likely gave away more

than I wanted to but nothing written down so no records.

Have it all on video as my backup plan to cover me in case of any problems over what was said and done, just transcribing it now.

May go stand outside the place with the letters for all those attending as no one knows about it at all and signing life away for 2 years.

Thought I was an old fart at 40 but guy in there must have been 60, gave him some www links to check out.

Even if you get a job they still contact your place of work and ask for too much information up to the 2 years.

Have the forms and will post up for all to see what info they want.

If you don't sign the forms they can't forward anything onto anyone and as the guy stated I can't complete sign up

without the signatures.

Will update once I have cleaned up the video and have it posted up for viewing.

George

Hi,

I had my first appointment last week with Ingeus and when I see all this talk about signing forms I had none of that??? Does anyone know why??

He asked me what type of work I was looking for and I told him.

He asked me to forward my CV to him by e-mail and asked me if he could send me a weekly tracker form (similar to JSA weekly action record) I agreed to everything by e-mail as I wanted to keep a record of everything said or agreed etc.

I was writing down and recording everything at the interview but was never given any paperwork to look at nor was any data protection discussed so I brought the subject up. I informed him that I used copyright on my professional CV and did not wish the content changing in any way or forwarding it to any person or company without my permission and he agreed he/company would not do so. I also explained that as my telephone was ex directory and TPS registered only he was allowed to use it and all other calls should be made to my mobile telephone number instead and again he agreed.

I left the offices and when I returned home I forwarded him my CV by e-mail and he got back to me saying it was way too professional if I was going to get a more minimum pay type of employment position and that we may have to change it somewhat.

my return e-mail stated that my CV had been paid for and completed by an independent consultant and that I had visited 3 separate DWP outsourcing offices voluntary in my time of unemployment and that all had stated that they did not wish to change anything as the CV was well prepared etc, I also pointed out that to change too much information or out and out lie regards your work history was illegal and could effect future employment if found out.

I thanked him for his time and observation in this matter and that we would discuss further on my next appointment. (Which is once a week)

At least I can clearly see what is going on now but does anyone know why I was not presented with forms to sign.

Regards

bb