Engage Trying to evict me- Help+ lots of Fees to get back ! EVICTION STOPPED

Pupter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

I've had an eviction date through for three weeks time, so I haven't got long to get this sorted. I've been able to get a small lump sum given to me by someone which I've told the mortgage company is available. Filled in an I&E which proves that ongoing we can afford the payments as well as a bit each month of the arrears.

Today I've had my monthly arrears statement through and I am now being charged every month a Monthly Arrears Fee and a Monthly litigation fee as well as additional interest. that is around £200 per month on top?!?!?!?!? Help!

UPDATE:

I've had an eviction date through for three weeks time, so I haven't got long to get this sorted. I've been able to get a small lump sum given to me by someone which I've told the mortgage company is available. Filled in an I&E which proves that ongoing we can afford the payments as well as a bit each month of the arrears.

Today I've had my monthly arrears statement through and I am now being charged every month a Monthly Arrears Fee and a Monthly litigation fee as well as additional interest. that is around £200 per month on top?!?!?!?!? Help!

I will flag this up for Ell-enn. You should add up all of the extra fees they have charged you, let us know the total, we should be able to claim those back. Do you have all of that information on your Mortgage Statements?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I will flag this up for Ell-enn. You should add up all of the extra fees they have charged you, let us know the total, we should be able to claim those back. Do you have all of that information on your Mortgage Statements?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Pupter, I can help you with your N244 application to get the eviction stopped. You mentioned that you had a small lump sum - are you able to pay that now?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Pupter, I can help you with your N244 application to get the eviction stopped. You mentioned that you had a small lump sum - are you able to pay that now?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yes I can get the money into my bank account within a day and phone through and give them my card details, plus I would make the full monthly payment this month and another £150ish towards the arrears as well. I asked them to write and confirm that they would confirm eviction plans if I pay it and they said pay it first and then we will write, but I don't feel that is entirely trustworthy is it? I can go to the court place today and ask for this form?

We are doing all sorts of car boot type things to try and raise more money and I am increasing my work hours soon, so I know we can get this cleared if they will only work with us.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Re the fees thing because they have sold our mortgage to another company there are fees from the old company too of around £50 a month, surely that is more than it costs to adminster the arrears? Plus a man turned up on our doorstep sent by the solicitors for the mortgage company 'to help us' which they are kindly charging us for too, even though I said I didn't want to talk to him. So unfair we can be charged for something we didn't ask for or use?

Yes I can get the money into my bank account within a day and phone through and give them my card details, plus I would make the full monthly payment this month and another £150ish towards the arrears as well. I asked them to write and confirm that they would confirm eviction plans if I pay it and they said pay it first and then we will write, but I don't feel that is entirely trustworthy is it? I can go to the court place today and ask for this form?

We are doing all sorts of car boot type things to try and raise more money and I am increasing my work hours soon, so I know we can get this cleared if they will only work with us.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Re the fees thing because they have sold our mortgage to another company there are fees from the old company too of around £50 a month, surely that is more than it costs to adminster the arrears? Plus a man turned up on our doorstep sent by the solicitors for the mortgage company 'to help us' which they are kindly charging us for too, even though I said I didn't want to talk to him. So unfair we can be charged for something we didn't ask for or use?

you can get all those fees back everyone of them

including the debt management fees

AND get that building insurance back + interest too

have you ALL the statements?

if so i can get someone onboard to do the calcs for you

this should put the whole thing into dispute and stop the nasty eviction

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you can get all those fees back everyone of them

including the debt management fees

AND get that building insurance back + interest too

have you ALL the statements?

if so i can get someone onboard to do the calcs for you

this should put the whole thing into dispute and stop the nasty eviction

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm spending the afternoon going through old papers and seeing which statements I have here, plus I've collected a N244 form so have been trying to work out what to put on there. Plus not sleeping for the worry so finding it rather hard to concentrate. Between the money I can pay this month and the refund of the insurance (hopefully) I've already knocked a chunk of it off, if they had to refund fees too that would be another few hundred too.

Which brings me to a question would any fees only go back 6 years like bank ones or is a mortgage longer?

I'm spending the afternoon going through old papers and seeing which statements I have here, plus I've collected a N244 form so have been trying to work out what to put on there. Plus not sleeping for the worry so finding it rather hard to concentrate. Between the money I can pay this month and the refund of the insurance (hopefully) I've already knocked a chunk of it off, if they had to refund fees too that would be another few hundred too.

Which brings me to a question would any fees only go back 6 years like bank ones or is a mortgage longer?

Right so far I have only found some of the statements so they are some gaps but so far I have found:

Minimum of £830.20 added to mortgage for Lendings buildings insurance (I have forwarded proof of my own insurance with the mortgage company listed as interested party about five times)

Arrears administration fees: (again all added to the mortgage amount outstanding) some months maybe missing so still looking but at least £900 of those

Last year when they went for possession, we were charged £510 legal fees and one lot of Rejected DD fee @ £30

I am still hoping that the mortgage company might agree to a payment proposal plan and would be grateful for any help in how to draft that proposal letter to them.

Have just found Augusts statement so I now notice I am being charged £35 a month arrears fee (so less than the £50 the other lot were charging anyway) but am also not lumbered with a £55 charge for monthly litigation fee. So now over £1000 in fees alone which if they would take off the blessed arrears in addition to the insurance and my lump sum, I'd have about 40-45% of the arrears gone!

Right so far I have only found some of the statements so they are some gaps but so far I have found:

Minimum of £830.20 added to mortgage for Lendings buildings insurance (I have forwarded proof of my own insurance with the mortgage company listed as interested party about five times)

Arrears administration fees: (again all added to the mortgage amount outstanding) some months maybe missing so still looking but at least £900 of those

Last year when they went for possession, we were charged £510 legal fees and one lot of Rejected DD fee @ £30

I am still hoping that the mortgage company might agree to a payment proposal plan and would be grateful for any help in how to draft that proposal letter to them.

Have just found Augusts statement so I now notice I am being charged £35 a month arrears fee (so less than the £50 the other lot were charging anyway) but am also not lumbered with a £55 charge for monthly litigation fee. So now over £1000 in fees alone which if they would take off the blessed arrears in addition to the insurance and my lump sum, I'd have about 40-45% of the arrears gone!

Those fees are added automatically and should be refunded. You need to fill in the N244 form and get a hearing allocated as soon as possible. You will have to go in front of the judge, don't worry it's like a company boardroom, you won't be in "The Dock" like you see on the telly.

Explain to the judge that the reason you want the eviction stopped is because of the automatically added charges to the account, a solicitor came to your door without your permission and they charged you for it, also you already had house insurance and can prove it. This added up, if the judge agrees is around £2000, is this correct?

You also want to add 8% in interest to each charge to be refunded from the day the charge was added until now. Pm me with a valid email address if you need a calculator to help with those., and I will send one on. So quick recap:

Get list of all charges automatically added to the account with 8% interest

Get details of solicitor you had to pay for sent by the mortgage company

Fill in N244

Fill in an income and expenditure form, the ones on the Citizens Advice Bureau website or National Debtline are the best

Only offer what you can realistically afford, do not leave yourself short on the mortgage payments in the future

Remember the Financial Services Authority declared that such charges are unfair and highly excessive. The basis of such findings are based on the same lines as unfair bank or credit card default charges which the Office of Fair Trading has concluded are legally unfair in terms of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations. In other words, a charge will not be fair if it exceeds a lenders actual administrative costs. It is possible to claim back mortgage penalties going as far back as 12 years.So get them back.

The team will pop in and out to help guide you

Edited by ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Those fees are added automatically and should be refunded. You need to fill in the N244 form and get a hearing allocated as soon as possible. You will have to go in front of the judge, don't worry it's like a company boardroom, you won't be in "The Dock" like you see on the telly.

Explain to the judge that the reason you want the eviction stopped is because of the automatically added charges to the account, a solicitor came to your door without your permission and they charged you for it, also you already had house insurance and can prove it. This added up, if the judge agrees is around £2000, is this correct?

You also want to add 8% in interest to each charge to be refunded from the day the charge was added until now. Pm me with a valid email address if you need a calculator to help with those., and I will send one on. So quick recap:

Get list of all charges automatically added to the account with 8% interest

Get details of solicitor you had to pay for sent by the mortgage company

Fill in N244

Fill in an income and expenditure form, the ones on the Citizens Advice Bureau website or National Debtline are the best

Only offer what you can realistically afford, do not leave yourself short on the mortgage payments in the future

Remember the Financial Services Authority declared that such charges are unfair and highly excessive. The basis of such findings are based on the same lines as unfair bank or credit card default charges which the Office of Fair Trading has concluded are legally unfair in terms of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations. In other words, a charge will not be fair if it exceeds a lenders actual administrative costs. It is possible to claim back mortgage penalties going as far back as 12 years.So get them back.

The team will pop in and out to help guide you

WARNING TO ALL