incorrect info on CallCredit Checkstopped me getting a mortgage - compensation time?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello folks.

I had a mortgage application with HSBC turned down and they specifically mentioned that it was due to items on my credit file with CallCredit Check. I recently registered with them and they have incorrect info. It relates to a PPI complaint I had with HBOS, where I stopped paying the installments for my loan as they were charging me for it, despite me not having ticked the box to purchase it on my CCA.

this was resolved and HBOS supplied the information to remove the references to late payments and the default on my files with the various CRAs.

I sent CallCredit a letter demanding my file was repaired immediately, then received an online response from them and it appears they didn't bother to read my letter properly,

as they mentioned a current account I have with RBS, and that no further action was needed on my account.

As you can imagine I wasn't too happy with their level of competence, so I sent another, and then received another online message explaining that I would receive a response within 28 days of when they received my second letter.

This resulted in me then sending a third letter explaining that they actually had 28 days to respond from the date of receipt of my first letter.

The 28 days will be up on 13/07/11, so I'll be interested to see if I get a response by that date. I should add that I spoke with HBOS about this and they confirmed they had done everything on their side, which I know they have, as the default on my Equifax file was removed last year.

What I would like to know is can I get them fined if they haven't responded by this date? I'd also like to know if I can get compensation for the mortgage application falling through due to them not updating my file, despite them having received instruction to do so almost a year ago?

did you reclaim that ppi?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...