Recruitment Development Solutions

nonymouse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Has anyone had any dealings with a company called Recruitment Development Solutions? xxxxxxxx I'm considering undertaking a teacher training course with them, but I'd like to do some digging first to see if they're legit.

Any advice / tales of woe / recommendations etc truly welcome

Thanks!

Hi non

Google the name with the word 'Complaints' see what it throws up. All sorts of checks you can carry out like accreditations etc.

• 2 months later...
Hi there

Has anyone had any dealings with a company called Recruitment Development Solutions? xxxxxxxx I'm considering undertaking a teacher training course with them, but I'd like to do some digging first to see if they're legit.

Thanks!

'' Hi!! I have just seen your comment about that company. I am very interested in doing a course with them but I am in the same situation as you. I wonder if you took the course with them. If yes, could you tell me how was it? I would like to know if there is any chance we get a job as teacher assistant or something like that after we have done the course, and if they really bother to find us vacancies. Please let me know something asap since I want to do the course with them and I need to know more information.

Thank youuuuu

Hi Rachel

I didn't find anything on the internet about them, good or bad. However ultimately I decided not to undertake a course with them. This was for a number of reasons:

1. I felt the sales pitch was quite pushy and although they offered me the opportunity to pay the course fees in instalments, I was not convinced this was for my own good; rather it was to try and get me to committ on the spot. I was bombarded with texts, voicemail messages and emails telling me the deadline for signing up to the course was approaching, yet I didn't feel I got real (i.e. non-sales pitch scripted) answers to my questions.

2. The cost of the course seemed quite high for online learning.

3. I already have some teaching experience and I didn't feel convinced I would learn anything new, especially if other people in my tutorial group were absolute beginners.

4. It was made very clear that the software used to deliver the lessons was PC only, and as I use a Mac this was not a viable option for me.

Basically, I don't think they're dodgy, but I'd approach with care, ask LOTS of questions and don't get pressured into paying for something you could get elsewhere for free.

I'll tell you a bit about me. I want a job and I want to teach. I found the RDS thing on fish4jobs and thought it looked maybe a little off but I'd give it a go anyway. Then I got the phonecall from a lovely northern woman who was very convincing. Then I just found a thread on boardreader . com (I can't post the link because I'm too new).

It's from an actual teaching website. I'm really upset,the RDS course sounded so promising. I should have realised that in order to teach you need the proper teaching qualifications not some quick 8 week course. If that was all you needed to teach surely everyone would do it right? [EDIT]

Edited by alanfromderby

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt think it would get me anywhere but I decided to do it. The course helped me, it gave me all the skills that i felt i lacked to go and work in a school and I felt I learnt alot. after the course I started work in a local school as a full time teaching assistant, I am now a higher level teaching assistant. I recommend this to people that want to get into a school.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there

Thanks!

Hi, I have looked into this in more depth myself and please view the link I have found as some people think the course would not work and it could be a fraudulent course when in actual fact it seems good to do.......

please open google and put in recruitment and development solutions TES and see the forum and what they are saying there and the same with yahoo at the end and all seems good.......

I am sure many comment but dont really know what it is they can do and how it can help???

I hope this helps you shed some light on the company and also the services they offer.

Hi,

I don't know about the company but it seems to be some kind of a recruitment company providing recruitment solutions to many companies, and was wondering that what kind of teacher courses are available here being a recruitment company. I you want to opt for an recruitment company you can search many of them on google and also look for Head Field Solutions.