Trevor Munn for arc chasing cancel kwikfit home insurance

mickjo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

]HI ALL PLEASE COULD SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE PLEASE.I HAD HOME INSURANCE WITH KWIK FIT BACK IN 2008 AND I GOT A CALL FROM HALIFAX WHO OFFERED ME A GREAT DEAL ON MY HOME INSURANCE WITH 70% CASH BACK AFTER A YEAR.

I TOLD HALIFAX THAT I WAS WITH KWIK FIT AND I STILL HAD 3 MONTHS LEFT WITH THEM.

HALIFAX SAID THAT I COULD CANCEL MY POLICY WITH KWIK FIT ANY TIME SO I DID .THEN LAST WEEK I GOT A LETTER FROM KWIK FIT SAYING I STILL OWE THEM £47.47 I PHONED THEM UP AND TOLD THEM THAT I CANCELED MY INSURANCE WITH THEM AND I OWE THEM NOTHING THEY SAID I HAD TO SEND PROF THAT I TOOK OUT ANOTHER POLICY AT THE TIME I CANCELED WITH THEM I SENT IT TO THEM LAST WEEK AND NOW I HAVE GOT THIS LETTER

http://i53.tinypic.com/2cxga39.jpg

I PHONED THEM UP AND THE MAN SAID THAT HE HAS NOT RECEIVED ANY PROF AND THAT THEY HAVE A VERY STRONG CASE AGAINST ME.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST GREATFUL

KIND REGARDS

MICHAEL[/size][/size]

When you canceled with kwik fit had you paid the full premium or were you paying monthly?

Have ARC purchased this debt or are they acting on behalf of Kwik fit?

Who did you send the proof to ARC or Kwik fit?

Was it sent recorded or have you proof of posting?

tell them to take you to court if they have such a strong case....its just a threat-o-gram I personally would ignore it and keep off the phone to them only correspond in writing no matter how much they insist on you calling them, Also have a read through this post about Mr Munn and his tactics you will feel much better and I suspect they will pester you for a couple of months find you arent going to pay and look for some other mug. It does seem Mr Munn likes to chase debts under a £100 I suppose along the lines of people will pay up with no fuss as its a relative small amount

Heres the previous post about Trev Munn

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?73517-HELP!-ARC-Collection-Agency-and-Trevor-Munn-Solicitors-legal-threats-for-LA-Fitness

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Most insurance cover is for a period of 12 months.

Credit is given to spead the annual premium across a specified number of months.

If you cancel the policy within the 12 month period you are still liable for the remaining payment with the majority of insurers.

I think you were mis-informed by the Halifax about cancellation rights to secure a sale.

Does the amount Arc claim equate to the remaining monthly premiums?

Kwik fit cancelation right state

If your policy is cancelled within 14 days of the start/renewal date, or of you receiving your policy documents (whichever happens later), we will charge a fee of £25. If your policy is cancelled after this time, we will charge a fee of £30 for buildings or contents policies and £40 for combined buildings and contents policies.