FCC's BC charges ***WON*** with compound int't

FCC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great support from Ims, so you should be able to get the LBA sent off now.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Ha! Ha! what a time for the colour ink to run out. Ordered and should be here for tuesday then off goes the LBA. Cheers folks I am indebted to you ( oops!- don't send the dca's around will you )

Been thinking ( where's the asprin? ). Having fought Link Financial to a standstill where they have not been in touch for over a year. CrapOne imposed charges onto my account back in 2000 and since they claim that Link now own the account do I enter a claim againt Link?. I rather fancy a bit of mischief and putting the cat amongst the pigeons 'cos Ratfinks really got up my nose with their arrogant attitude.

I believe that CrapOne have beaten off claimants, is that right. Further, having read more and more "won" cases, I applied a rate of 19.9% to my calculations on the principle of playing fair. I now see that it was a naive thought as these people have no intentions of playing fair. Can I then, after sending off the LBA change the rate of restitutional interest to 29.9% within the court bundle or have I now committed myself to the aforesaid rate. Hope this makes sense. regards

Hi

You can change the rate when you issue. You've given them an opportunity to settle at a reasonable rate so now you will go for full restitution on the basis of Sempra Metals. 24.9% seems to be a good nominal rate to use.

Cap1 have won a case against a CAG member fairly recently but successes are still coming in.

There are no guarantees in this suing business of course but prepare, prepare and prepare again to give you the very best chance of success.

Regards

ims

Received today:

" I note your request to have charges plus interest incurred in August-September 2000 refunded. In line with FSA guidelines Barclaycard are only required to store statements dating back to the last six years. In light of this I am unable to verify charges applied to your account in August- September 2000. Regretfully I am unable to offer you a refund and I am unable to uphold your complaint.

However, if you provide a copy of the statements evidencing these charges I would happily reopen this file and reinvestigate your complaint.

Blah! Blah!...we have a legal duty to report to the CRA's

I appreciate this is not the outcome you would have liked but I hope this information is useful. Once again, if you are able to supply statements showing your contested chargesnI would be able to reinvestigate your complaint.

Blah! Blah!

Do I send them a copy?

yes ofcourse!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi FCC,

If they've failed to repay the charges as requested in your LBA, proceed with filing your court claim.

Even if you send them the copy statements now, they will still refuse to pay for various reasons and you will have wasted time, as you will have to file the court claim anyway.

I would prepare the N1 claim and PoC's ready to take to your local county court, without further delay.

BC have access to the older data in any event, so asking you for it is just their way of delaying and testing to see if YOU have it.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Questions: N1- Seal mine or the courts?

I am claiming for two accounts- do I claim seperately or together in the one court bundle?

I am watching Shelleys posts- I am not sure when I first took out the card, should I SAR them first?

I am claiming for two accounts- do I claim seperately or together in the one court bundle?

I am watching Shelleys posts- I am not sure when I first took out the card, should I SAR them first?

Can the POC used by Shelley be copied but with my relevant details?

The seal bit of the form is where the court will stamp it

1 claim for each account IMHO

You could do but I doubt whether anything useful will be in there....use the expression "On or about"

Can the POC used by Shelley be copied but with my relevant details?

Should be ok but make sure you tailor it to your needs...when done post it up and it can be reviewed for you

ims

When I copy the CAG POC's over to Works it doesn't copy what is on the screen but adds all sorts of commentary. Is it me?

Probably because the copied one is in MS Word which behaves differently to the MS Works Word Processor.

TBH what I would do is go along to www.openoffice.org and download the office suite there. It is free and in my opinion is somewhat superior to MS Office. You can use stuff created in MS Office in it too so it will probably make your life easier.

ims