FCC's BC charges ***WON*** with compound int't

FCC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI FCC,

Don't bother waiting for BC to investigate.

If they fail to refund your charges within the 14 days you have given them, take the next step.

Prelim Claim Letter; LBA; File your court claim on form N1.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi FCC,

The Prelim Letter is used again as your LBA, with the heading Letter Before Action.

I think you'll find this stated on the Prelim Letter template that's in the Templates Library - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?605-Credit-Store-Card-Letter-Template

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I have received their " response " to my claim for reclaim of charges. They are sorry that I feel that their charges are unfair and I should have known they were not. They confirm that no charges have ben applied with the last six years, I know I told them. It may help me to know that additional charges were not introduced until August 2001 and from August 2006 they were reduced to £12.00. So what are the charges on the statements I have from the year 2000. They only hold copies of statements for six years but I don't!. If I would like to talk to them I can telephone them. I haven't yet sent off the LBA. What now folks?

Hi FCC,

As Ims says, get the LBA off to them now.

Yes, you can use one LBA for the 2 a/c's but specify the charges and interests totals for each a/c separately.

The same will apply to your court claim - you can use one claim form for the 2 a/c's but you must specify the charges and interest and totals separately and enclose a separate SoC for each a/c.

Do NOT take up their offer to talk to them - you'll learn nothing that's of any interest to you.

Help!, I've gone to reprint the SS to go with the LBA and the date of claim has advanced to todays date but the number of days in the calculation remaims the same as when I first produced it back on 18/07/11. Can I overcome this?

Hi

Might be a conflict between Excel & Works.

I'll knock up a spreadsheet for you this afternoon specifically for MS works and post it up here for you either late afternoon or early evening

Regards

ims

Don't forget there's a spready linked in post #25 which should do the job.

At least, with the LBA, the timing is not critical. Better to do it correctly, a few days late, than get it off on time showing wrong figures.

Don't forget there's a spready linked in post #25 which should do the job.

At least, with the LBA, the timing is not critical. Better to do it correctly, a few days late, than get it off on time showing wrong figures.

Just tried that one in MS Works and it doesn't work. Hang in there FCC....I'm writing you a spreadie for MS Works now

Regards

ims

Hi FCC

Well, I'm sorry to say that MS works will not handle the automated calcs because it doesn't have the relevant functions in it to handle date manipulation. This is why you had trouble with the spreadsheets earlier on.

BUT ALL IS NOT LOST:-)

Go along to www.openoffice.org, download their office suite and install it. You will then have an office suite that is far more powerful than Works and is probably better than MS Office too. AND IT IS FREE!!!!

I've re-written the spreadsheet for you as an Open Office spreadsheet and I have attached it.

Download the sheet and save it to your PC. You will see that the file extension is currently .xls. You need to change those last three characters to .ods by renaming the sheet.

Then open the sheet in Open Office and amend your personal details in the blue section. Also change the APR to the one you want to use. Go the list section and list your payments. You only need to enter data in columns A, B and C...the rest of the calculations are done for you. The sheet is protected in various areas to protect the formulae so if you get a message that a cell is protected it means you are trying to change data in a protected cell.

You will then have a sheet that automatically updates each time you open it.

And you've got a great office suite to boot.

Regards

ims

CISheetOF.xls