Toothfairy Finance HELP!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon,

I got into a little debt at around the beginning of the year because I lost my job. I've got onto debt management plans with my other two debtors and that is going swimmingly, it was sorted out very quickly! But I've had a horror of a time trying to deal with Toothfairy Finance. I took out a £300 loan and unfortunately defaulted on it but since they've slopped on their charges the amount has sky rocketed. So now they have brought in the cavalry, NDR (Northern Debt Recovery) and Marshall Hoares Bailiffs. There is an odd thing about all three companies and when I researched into them I noticed they all had the registered office. Also an annoying thing is that they say one company now legally own the debt and are dealing with it when I'm still getting correspondence from the other companies. I have been trying to negotiate with them to pay back £30 a month; this is all I can afford. They have either said no or ignored this offer and are still threatening me with court action, to which my response was that I would be happy to see them in court if they are not accepting my offers.

In general they are very unprofessional, so much so as I refuse to deal with them over the phone and have kept all communication written so I have a record of it. I have noticed that their emails are full of mistakes. When contacting NDR through their online contact form I got a response from Marshall Hoares Bailiffs. Also I have had emails from ToothFairy saying they are attempting to take out £54 out of my account on several occasions even though I was never notified about this, and I found out that the £54 only covers interest it doesn't go toward paying any of the original loan. They say that I am trying to defraud them and are using delaying tactics when I am just asking why my debt suddenly gone from around £1300 down to £600 without explanation, what the relationship is between the three companies that are dealing with my debt are, why they are attempting to take out money from my bank without notifying me.

I have experience with debt companies and such, and I am not loosing sleep over it but I just want to know if I am doing the correct thing by sticking to my guns and offering them £30 a month. I have told them that I will happily see them in court to discuss this matter, as I know I can't be forced to pay more than I owe. I would also like some help in reporting these guys to the OFT etc.

Thank You

Dont think Toothfairy have ever taken anyone to court, withn these charges they would be leaving themselves open to a judgement against them and opening up all their other customers to claims.

OFT rules state only one company can chase you for an outstanding debt, if more than one contacts you report them to the OFT, the OFT must have hundreds of complaints about this company and they have already been threatened with a fine and or removal of their licence.

Stand your ground on their costs/charges get their bank details and start paying the £30 per month dont wait for them to agree it you may find they stop chasing you if you start paying.

Do not set up a direct debit with them. They will just go in and take whatever they like. Either set up a standing order which you control (they control the direct debit payments from their end) or just take cash into the bank and pay it into their account making sure the bank clerk puts on your customer reference and you save all receipts. Good luck, just remember you only pay what you can afford, and as long as you are in control of the payments, there is nothing they can do about it.