Default Notice. Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have been given a defaut notice by Santander. Let me explain the situation.

I was blacklisted by paypal for not paying them charges etc etc. So I set up an account with santander. Paypal told me the were going to use a direct debit to test my account, and this would be the only time the would ever use a dd. Anyway, I purchased something small, and I found it went through. Curious, I stupidly attempted to purchase a Rolex watch at the price of £6000, it didn't go through, and I cancelled the transaction. What I didn't realise was that paypal had set it up as a direct debit so even though I cancelled it on ebay, paypal were still trying to take it out. Anyway, this gave a bounced dd to Santander who then persued me for it. I ignored everthing they sent me as I felt the £300 of charges they want is ridiculous as for a start these £300 of charges don't even exist: paypal have lost nothing and nor have the sellers. Now I have been given a default notice and I don't know what to do. I don't want to talk to paypal as they have been giving me dca letters which I have ignored just long enough for them to go away, so the last thing I want to do is put myself back on their radar... Does anyone have any suggestions? I am livid. I have never been given od charges before, especially as when I got the account I specifically said I didn't want an overdraft.

What should I do now? I'm a student. They can take me to court if they like but I can't give what I don't have!

You mean that you tried to buy a 6K watch hoping that paypal would pay it for you and you would receive the item before anyone twigged!

If you were irresponsible enough to try and buy a Rolex costing £6,000 out of 'curiousity' when you knew you couldn't afford it then I think that you deserve to get what is coming to you.

This forum is for people in need of financial guidance with debts that are genuine and NOT failed attempts to get goods without payment.

Good luck!

RI

I wasn't ! I knew that there wasnt enough in my account, but I was curious as to why it was happening with smaller items even though I had no overdraft

Total STUPIDITY TAKE THE COSEQUENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I cancelled it!!! Even if I did get it I would send it back! Look, I was using it as a test auction to find out if it was lacing limits.. I don't even want a rolex! Are you going to help me or not?

The charges were for bounced overdraft fees... then I told santa it wasn't my fault, then they wacked it up by £100 a month, so I though that as I wouldn't be able to pay it back then I may as well not bother to take action.

... then I told santa it wasn't my fault ....

but, it is your fault.

as suggested here -> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?311574-Default-Notice.-Help!

you should talk to santander/paypal.

You might be able to get them to waive some of the charges and let you pay it off in installments, but the longer you ignore it, the higher the amount will get.