Employment/Work and asscioated benefits woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now their saying I shouldn't of been taxed at all, which was what I knew. Their saying they paid the wrong person and have gone off her payslip? But in havnt had a payslip! And the amount I was taxed will go non next months wages as "tax free amount". Sounds well dodgy to me.

I should still be getting jsa though up until Tuesday.

It's gonna leave me in a pickle, I was planning on using my jsa to pay for my public liability insurance. Pfffft

Im confused, are you working, if so why are you claiming JSA and why do you need public liability insurance if claiming JSA

I had my HB/CT claim and JSA all stopped because I failed to attend my sign off my JSA and sign onto NEA appt because I was ill (severe chest infection/flu - couldn't leave the house) and couldn't contact the Job Centre by phone (no landline, no mobile atm) and DWP hadn't provided an email address for my advisor. I had emailed my son-in-law hours before my appointment but he hadn't opened his emails, JobCentre didn't receive my request to rearrange.

I only discovered that the claim had been stopped when I attended my regular sign on this morning. I was advised to complete a rapid reclaim form and date of next appointment to be advised. The staff were pretty good about it but I'd received NOTHING from DWP to advise that my claim had ended. So, will receive no JSA payment next Tuesday and it will probably take weeks for HB/CT claim to restart. Let's hope my landlord doesn't go ballistic again -- last claim took 3 months to process! Thank God, I'm too poorly to have much of an appetite ... can't shop with no money.

I believe a decision maker will consider my "excuse" for non-attendance - I suppose if I fail to convince them - it's a sanction! I'm almost 60 and the very first time I've ever been sanctioned for anything .. Rebel!!

Oh well, no point shouting and dancing about it! Let's see what happens and the sooner I'm well enough to complete my business plan and have it approved the better!

Imp

P.S. I was planning to put money aside from my JSA next week to pay for my Public Liability Insurance too!!

Very true. Give then 7 days to rectify the situation or you will go to the authorities and tell them what is happening. Chances are youll see things sorted pretty quick.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

just put a request for your latest payslip in writing. Then see what happens.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hacked_Off I'm really sorry but I don't know if the NEA would credit as JSA or NEA, tbh I wouldn't imagine that it would as it isn't actually payment of JSA that you will be receiving once you have officially signed off to receive the NEA payment.

Impecunious, if you failed to make contact within 5 working days of the original appointment to advise that you were unable to attend due to being unwell then the claim was closed correctly.

There wouldn't be an "excuse" to consider if the claim has been closed, if you had contacted within the 5 days then yes you would need to complete form JSA28 and give the reasons to be referred to a decision maker who would then determine if a sanction is appropriate or not.

I would ask to speak to one of the JC managers. The advisors are good, but in SOME (not all) job centres, they just want to get rid of people as fast as possible so they dont have to do much work. My local JC is like that.

So is mine, i think the majority of JCP are like that these days :-x

Mmm more mistakes

I write further to my email of Friday 14th June. I have now received the below response.

I can confirm that when payments of NEA are sent through our payment system they should normally be received into the recipients bank account and appear either as:

· "DWP HSBC2xxxxxxxxx" This is a 10 digit number.

or

· DWP followed by national insurance number and CSHR.

Having checked X records, I have been advised the payments for NEA have not been recorded correctly under NEA and although this will not affect her receiving the payments, they will ,however, show as payments of JSA

Mmm more mistakes

I write further to my email of Friday 14th June. I have now received the below response.

I can confirm that when payments of NEA are sent through our payment system they should normally be received into the recipients bank account and appear either as:

· "DWP HSBC2xxxxxxxxx" This is a 10 digit number.

or

· DWP followed by national insurance number and CSHR.

Having checked X records, I have been advised the payments for NEA have not been recorded correctly under NEA and although this will not affect her receiving the payments, they will ,however, show as payments of JSA

Why aren't we surprised?? I've just had written confirmation that my JSA was suspended at the end of last month because I was "working over 16 hours a week" --- DOH!!! NO!!! I was doing self-employed related activities prior to being signed off and moving onto NEA as per my amended JSAg.

I wonder how long it will take to sort out their mess this time? I really wonder if any of it is worth the hassle ....

Perhaps I should just claim ESA and blame the KnobCentre for inducing stress, anxiety and poverty due to deprivation of benefits.

Imp

They do like to make things as difficult as possible don't they?! I've just said to my mp:

Why isn't anybody questioning the fact the payments should not show as jsa? If I were to work more than 16 hours per week, which i am, this would surely look like benefit fraud?

I have contacted the DWP about this and they have informed me that the payments showed as JSA because of an administration error. They also informed me that if you were working more than 16 hours a-week it will not look like benefit fraud, as you are no longer on Jobseekers Allowance.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Yours sincerely,

Mmmm I don't buy that! Surely when I give in statements to the council questions will be asked ie why are you working 20 hours a week and getting jsa.

Mmmm I don't buy that! Surely when I give in statements to the council questions will be asked ie why are you working 20 hours a week and getting jsa.

The council and DWP both have access to a computer system called CIS. This will confirm what you say.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I have spoken to the DWP about this at length. The payment was issued to you as JSA once due to an administration error. They tell me that it will not happen again.

They also inform me that if there is any confusion about this, then they have clear records to show that you are not on JSA – and therefore not committing any sort of benefit fraud.

Yours sincerely,

Mmm won't happen again yet yesterday's payment went in as jsa!!

• 2 weeks later...

well, they have ignored my letter requesting my paylip from last month. Wages are also still outstanding. I got to work yesterday and my timesheet had been left for me. It says at the bottom "must be submitted by the "20th or you wil not be paid", it was left for me on the 27th. So it looks like I wont be paid this month either.

If im not paid, my phone bill will bounce, ad a loan payment, leaving me with charges. I will also not have the money to get to work if I am not paid. If this does happen, what can I do about it?

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to fill in the self employed form for the council to get my housing benefit.

I don't understand some of the questions:

"Date business commenced" that's obvious

"Start date of current financial year" is that April 2013???

"Do you have any prepared accounts for the last financial year? If no state why and when you will have them"

I wasn't in business last year Sonia that an acceptable reason?

Ever feel like you've been set up to fail..!?

so, I've finally received a payslip, it has included last months payment that they paid me in cash, but they have deducted it without my permission. I know if they hadn't of deducted it I would have been overpaid, but isn't it an unlawful deduction given that they did not have permission to deduct it?

This months payment was late, again.

For this months wages I went to work on the 26th June, to find a timesheet left for me which says on it "must be received by the 20th or you may not be paid". According to them that's why I was paid late again through no fault of my own.

Then I receive a nice letter from them telling me off about "receiving your timesheets very late" and "no timesheet by the deadline = no pay"!! this letter was received on the 17th late afternoon and again said "must be submitted by the 20th" so ill probably be paid late or not at all. I've been on the phone to them and its all my fault, they refuse to accept responsibility.

the letter also said "stocks must be ordered one month in advance, lease fill in and return stock form by the 20th or you will not get stock". hey presto, there's no stock form. I emailed and she said emailing what I need would be fine for now. then the next day I get a text off someone else saying "email will nto suffice for orders, please fax stock form". I told her again, I do not have a stock form and I do not have a fax machine. She told me to "use the work one". I then told her I was not in work that day, which she should know!! but of course that's my fault.

They don't seem to have any idea of who I am, were I am, etc etc

anyway, its clear this isn't going to get any better, so im looking elsewhere. I might have another job starting tonight, what are the consequences of walking away without giving any notice? the staff handbook says one week. However, looking through it they have broken several of their own rules ie payments, stock, visits, wage deductions etc etc

Leaving without giving a week's notice would be a breach of contract on your part ... but to claim for that they would need to prove they suffered loss. There is a legal risk here but its a very small one. If it was me I wouldn't hesitate to leave and start the new job without giving notice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS